Philip Seymour Hoffman found dead....

mangaman74 said:
I wonder if this will have an impact on the Hunger Games films since the latest one is a 2 part film - the first part is in post production but Wikipedia list part 2 as 'filming'.

It's been confirmed that he's done the filming for Part 1 and had about 7 days before his death to sort out Part 2. Since he's mainly at the very end so he should have done his role by then.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was gutted when I read the news last night. Whilst I haven't seen all his films I was always glad when I did see him in something, was truly a wonderful actor, someone with a real charisma about them. I actually had no idea he'd had heroin problems recently and was really quite shocked by it all.

I just finished watching Capote for the first time (I should have done it sooner, considering that I studied In Cold Blood at college). To me, it truly highlighted just how tragic his death was. The film was phenomenal - the way he managed to capture Truman Capote's essence, persona and even his recognisable voice were triumphant displays of what it means to truly master the craft of acting - the Oscar and other accolades he won for that role could not have been more deserved.

It's rather weird to think that 20 years after Capote's death, a man who was made famous for playing him would die as a result of the very same thing.

Back