Pets!!! Horned frog!

Vayzaroth

Completely Average High School Student
Hey guys, I recently got myself a horned frog from my local reptile shop.
He's only about 2inches big at the moment but he's eating super well (as they all seem to do :wink: ) and growing fast! I thought I'd put some pictures up and see what you guys think?

DSCN2081.jpg

DSCN2080.jpg

I've also got four tarantulas! 2 Chilean roses, a Mexican red knee and a Mexican fire leg (hopefully I get some pics of them up soon)

Have you guys got any exotic pets of your own? Or any pets??? (big animal fan here).... I also have an English bull terrier called Deana :)

0807130007.jpg

Vayzaroth said:
I've also got four tarantulas!

Eneru.jpg

Ahhh I can't stand spiders/tarantulas, my friend had one ("had" one since he accidentally stood on it) and he let it roam about in his room at night *shiver*

I have been thinking about getting a snake for awhile though and I know my friend's getting me a Gecko this christmas, I'll just need to buy a tank etc, at the moment, I just have 2 dogs (King Charles spaniels) and 2 cats

Oooh nice, my old room mate had one of those, they are awesome. I used to have a Mexican red knee tarantula when I was younger. I would LOVE to get another but I always find myself living with someone who dislikes them. Hoping once my husband and I buy a house I can convince/threaten him to allow me to get one.

I used to have an Everglades mix Rat snake, a motley Corn Snake and a Grey Banded King Snake but husband is terrified of them and I couldn't bring them with me when I moved to the UK. Right now I have a Sphynx (hairless cat) and a Dalmatian who will be joining me soon.

Will-O'-The-Wisp said:
he let it roam about in his room at night *shiver*
That'd make me shiver too!!!! Awww good ol' geckos, I've always wanted a nice leopard gecko but never got one :( they're kool as hell and look super cute :D
Akiha said:
Hoping once my husband and I buy a house I can convince/threaten him to allow me to get one.
HAHA violence is handy like that :wink:
I know the feeling, tarantula fans are always out voted when it comes to keeping them.
Some kool snakes there Akiha. My brother is a huge snake guy, he keeps and breeds reticulated pythons (they're a bit too big for me though...and for anyone who doesn't like the idea of being constricted to death)

Vayzaroth said:
and for anyone who doesn't like the idea of being constricted to death)

Yea same here, I like knowing my snakes wouldn't get big enough to strangle me. And of course (god forbid it does happen) if you got bit by one of my guys it wouldn't hurt, Python bites, even small ones HURT. I helped a friend who was an exotic snake breeder...some of his snakes were not to nice (due to not being handled at all and what have you).

The horned frog is *epic*, love it.

I wanted a tarantula for a long time as a kid, but I was worried about how fragile they are. I've kept a couple of snakes over the years, but haven't had a pet for a little while now.

Stuart-says-yes said:
Our current cat was my brothers but he told me if I fed it - because he was to lazy to - I could have the cat.
Thats a pretty damn good deal! :D

ilmaestro said:
The horned frog is *epic*, love it.
Thanks ilmaestro. He's my first amphibian but he dont look like he's gonna be my last :wink: You should get a nice Chilean rose or Mexican red knee, both are a nice hardy species and make great beginner tarantulas.

I want one. looks like a mini Gamaken

Not really exotic lizards, but we have chillian squirrels (degu's) and a boxer dog, had a cat but she died when i was 15. she'd grown up with me - being a year older than me) have had rabbits, hamsters and guinea pigs.

Love the frog!! :D

I currently have two sugar gliders (Kiba & Kaida) I've had them for about 6 years now :]

DSC00064.jpg

I also have an African fat tailed gecko (sadly no pictures on this computer) I used to have a leopard gecko, but sadly she passed away a few months ago of liver troubles :[

Non-exotics wise I have a gorgeous tri-merle collie called Motley. This is an old picture as he is just over 1 year old now.

Mtley142.jpg

Cute dog :)

Sugar gliders....look like a cross between a mouse, and a bat. might have to wiki em :p

Not a actual pic of my sisters degus, but this is a couple of pics of what degus are.

DEGU-FAMILY.JPG

degus.jpg

I've wanted a Sugar Glider ever since I read about them in the fluff article in the Metro a few years back. I doubt I could manage one, but they are certainly one of the best thingys around.

Aww I love your sugar gliders! and Motley is gorgeous!! :D

Here is some evidence that my love for horned frogs is growing..... I BOUGHT ANOTHER ONE TODAY!!!! This time a nice albion :D and this one was a lot cheaper than my first one for some reason.... I think the previous shop ripped me off ¬_¬

Anyway, my first frog in the above pictures is named Gamahiro and now I give you.... Gamatatsu :D

DSC_1051-1.jpg

What do you guys think? :)

Megan fox has a micro pig. I was hoping they'd be pink and cute like piglets but no. Though the one I saw did look a bit like the boar from the start of Princess Mononoke so :D

ilmaestro said:
Following on from the Sugar Gliders, is it wrong that I really, seriously want a micro-pig?

Micro pigs are kool as hell! For me in the small mammal department it'd be either a micro pig or an african pygmy hedgehog :)

21808-african_pygmy_hedgehog_new_designer_pet_getting_attached_hedgehog.jpg
Awww :)

Back