pen pal

Hyaku said:
Japanese people I find are very easy to talk to; there's no stereotyping or crap that you might get from talking to a western person.

Uhh...quite the opposite actually. Everyone I know who's been to Japan or lived there says that they can be very racist. Some of the older people are surprised when 'gaijin' can even speak Japanese, and they have black people on TV who are made to look like idiots for their amusement. The police also regularly stop foreigners and ask for ID, which is considered to be racism, and I'm sure if our police went around stopping every Indian person and asking for ID then it'd be in the news, but it's normal in Japan.

I still like the place, but it's not the happy-happy rainbow land that some people seem to think it is.

Doberman Pharaoh said:
Hyaku said:
Japanese people I find are very easy to talk to; there's no stereotyping or crap that you might get from talking to a western person.

Uhh...quite the opposite actually. Everyone I know who's been to Japan or lived there says that they can be very racist. Some of the older people are surprised when 'gaijin' can even speak Japanese, and they have black people on TV who are made to look like idiots for their amusement. The police also regularly stop foreigners and ask for ID, which is considered to be racism, and I'm sure if our police went around stopping every Indian person and asking for ID then it'd be in the news, but it's normal in Japan.

I still like the place, but it's not the happy-happy rainbow land that some people seem to think it is.

Of course you're stereotyping here, Japan is like every other country in the world, minus a few things here and here.

The reason people think it's the happy anime and submissive woman land is because they only hear the good, and not all the murders/crimes and what not that frequent the news over there.

Doberman Pharaoh said:
Hyaku said:

Never been stopped for my ID.
Never been treated in a way that was "racist"
So, it's not "normal in Japan"

England is a lot more racist then here. Just who have you been talking to?? They must be really unlucky, really stupid, or liars.

Yeah, Japan isn't a great place to live, but it's better than a lot of other countries and a lot more tollerant too.

If only they could fix the judicial system... I mean, a 99.8% conviction rate?!? With THESE incompetant police!?!!?!?!?!?!???!??!?!?!?

Chris said:
Yeah, Japan isn't a great place to live, but it's better than a lot of other countries and a lot more tollerant too.

I'm quite happy with the 0.1% assault rate, for a place with that many people it's reassuring to know violence is that much of a problem compared to say Glasgow or Manchester.

Nyu said:
Chris said:

I'm quite happy with the 0.1% assault rate, for a place with that many people it's reassuring to know violence is that much of a problem compared to say Glasgow or Manchester.

Yep, round here you have to be on the ball 24/7.

If you don't, next thing you know your shoelaces have been stolen, and you've had 80 badly enunciated profanities lobbed at you from 20 yards.

We're wellard yo'. :p

WTFDaveMustaine said:
Go to Middlesbrough and you will get stabbed. Fact.

There's a high likelihood of getting stabbed in a LOT of places in England.

It doesn't help if you sometimes let your mouth fly off. :lol:

MY areas preety bad, middle of dagenham, between Rainham, Romford, Barking and Ilford, ever heard "rock....... hard place" I think ya get the idea LOL 8)

Maxon said:
Every city has its crap areas. Hell, even Edinburgh has them and it only has a population of 500,000.

I hear bodyarmor is compulsary in Sighthill these days.

But yes granted everywhere has thier bad parts. Overall Japan is the nation in the developed world your less likely to be assaulted in. Which, if i was moving to, is very reassuring.

Nyu said:
Maxon said:
Every city has its crap areas. Hell, even Edinburgh has them and it only has a population of 500,000.

I hear bodyarmor is compulsary in Sighthill these days.

But yes granted everywhere has thier bad parts. Overall Japan is the nation in the developed world your less likely to be assaulted in. Which, if i was moving to, is very reassuring.

It's also the nation of fine wimmens.

jesus what minds you have from wanting a pen pal to violence i got stbed nearly i worcester lol i mean worcester i thought it was a nice place i nearly lost my fingers. but i live. so you know the tollie army were ghey and yeah i let my mouth run away with me i try to show im not scared even if i realy am it helps alot.
________
Extreme Vaporizer Review

gaara-sama said:
jesus what minds you have from wanting a pen pal to violence i got stbed nearly i worcester lol i mean worcester i thought it was a nice place i nearly lost my fingers. but i live. so you know the tollie army were ghey and yeah i let my mouth run away with me i try to show im not scared even if i realy am it helps alot.

If you talk like you type, I'd stab your ass too. :lol:

Never mind me, I'm tired.

I need sleep. ;_;

Hyaku said:
gaara-sama said:

If you talk like you type, I'd stab your ass too. :lol:

Never mind me, I'm tired.

I need sleep. ;_;

Agreed, with the stabby stabby at least. I couldn't read that post for ****.

gaara-sama said:
lol i cant type lol im dyslexic just as much as mental. lol ive got a.d.d and asperges syndrome. but still i want a pen pal

Well. . .can't relate to the other two, But im dyslexic and it doesn't really effect me that much. . .i hope. . .also you realize there tends to be a spell check thing on the newer web browsers (or maybe I've just bothered to notice it.)

Back