Paranoia Agent wins mainstream attention

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
In a surprising change of pace, several "mainstream" UK film magazines have shown a strong interest in the acclaimed director Satoshi Kon's (Perfect Blue, Tokyo Godfathers) newest anime series Paranoia Agent, which is due for a UK release from MVM on the 4th of July (with a limited edition art-box to boot).

Capitalizing on this new sense of enthusiasm from British critics, MVM's PR Company have sent us a press release (in Adobe PDF format) that contains a number of superlative quotes on Paranoia Agent from the likes of Empire, SFX and Sight & Sound.

While I'm not sure if this show will appeal to me (I admitedly like the trailer, but I tend to find stuff by Satoshi Kon goes way over my head), its good to see it receiving so much media attention.
Certainly hope its a breakaway hit for MVM.

I'm a massive fan of Kon so it's great to see all this praise appearing for his work. It's also interesting how all these magazines have suddenly taken notice of an anime series, is it a very promising sign or just a one-off fluke?

Great news, Kon is a hugely revered director and justifiably so, main stream publications (such as Empire) have always heralded his work though so these 'honourable mentions' don't come as much of a suprise. Still fantastic news and here's hoping the series lives up to its illustrious reputation.

really looking forward to getting this for 2 reasons. 1 because i want to add a new box to my collection 2 ive heard alot about it and i was the frist ep at sci-fi con at the anime village last may.

Oh, this is definatly great. All these little things like this seem to be falling together now, it seems this year anime is going to rise at least slightly in popularity and respect.

Paul said:
is it a very promising sign or just a one-off fluke?

That depends if the show does go on to do well they will probably try cover other anime series but if it doesnt they'll probably go back to ignoring anime

It really is great new, might have to buy Empire again so i will be able to use the article to try and change my friend point of view of anime.
Can't say i'm very interested in the series though, would have been better if it had been something i actually intended on buying

just watched, vol 1, this is amazing, similar to lain, but with more interest in the characters. really enjoyed the whole atmosphere and cant wait to see the next volume.

its quite creepy in parts, hilarious in others and the prophetic visions between the episodes are bizarre to say the very least.

i have watched the trailer and i must say it looks cool and creepy and i like cool and creepy lol

and finally british magazines are recognising anime for what it is

Back