Paranoia Agent question

Ark

Adventurer
For those of you who own this I have a question.

Is it true that the corrupt policeman from ep4 raped the girl whose parents he tied up. I'd never heard this before but someone on some forum said that it's mentioned later in the series he did. Is this true? I don't remember hearing that when I watched it.

Many thanks

I don't think it's even implied anywhere that he did. TBH, I don't think it'd fit his character too well, either. He always came across not as your classical psychopathic "absolute evil" type character, but more of your sorta pathetic, petty, slimy character. Incidentally, if anyone's read Heart of Darkness, that explains gives a better description of his kind of character than I could come up with...

OK, watched eps 3 and 4 last night again.

The cop is introduced in ep 3 getting Maria to call him Daddy. Actually we never see him cross the line. Later in the series it's shown that he's perving on his daughter through a lens, and he pays for hookers to call him daddy, but as for crossing the line into physical abuse...

Ep 4 is where he comes up to that line. He's got the parents tied up, the daughter comes in, out pops the masked bandit. "Call me daddy" scene ends abruptly. It's left to the imagination.

Not that it really matters, but the age of the girl is ambiguous, but I guess it's up to you whether he crossed the line or not. I tend to think not, after all, his mission is to grab the cash before the yakuza deadline. He's also a cop, some of that has to stick somewhere, especially the bit about DNA evidence. I think that he probably stopped at spooking her...

When I watched it I just assumed it was a sexual fantasy of his to be empowered in that way and he got his gratification through the voyeuristic actions rather than having to go as far as to do the deed with her himself. I never read any physical rape references into what he was doing.

Whether he'd have gone farther had it carried on significantly longer though, I couldn't say.

R

Ramadahl said:
chaos said:
"It is even heavily implied that he rapes one of his teenage victims." - check ep. 4

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paranoia_Agent#Episodes
Yeah, but... wikipedia.

Also, this is paranoia agent, where what you're shown isn't necessarily what's actually happening.
I've quoted that because I agree, not that I think wikipedia is the source of ll truth, but I believe it's ok to link in an web forum...
wouldn't use data from it for work for instance.

Back