Paprika already confirmed for early 2007 UK DVD release

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
Play.com are now listing Satoshi "Paranoia Agent" Kon's latest movie Paprika with a UK DVD release date (no doubt courtesy of Sony/Columbia Tristar) of 5th March, 2007.

Paprika could well be set for an Oscar nomination come January and based on the superlative reviews it has been receiving from fans around the world, an early 2007 UK release is more than welcome.

This is so pre-ordered :) Satoshi Kon, Susumu Hirasawa and Madhouse Studios = Triple win for anime fans.

Don't totally rule out a limited cinema release, especially if it gets in with a shout at the Oscars - the same thing happened with Steamboy; the DVD release date was announced before a limited theatrical run.

Paul said:
Don't totally rule out a limited cinema release, especially if it gets in with a shout at the Oscars - the same thing happened with Steamboy; the DVD release date was announced before a limited theatrical run.

In one cinema for one weekend, if I remember right =P

What's this film about anyway? I've heard the name 1000 times but don't know the basic plot!

Hentai said:
Hold your hoarses sony's website has it listed for 28/05/07

http://www.sonypictures.co.uk/homevideo ... 41985.html
As pointed out elsewhere, that is a rental release, also so when a retail release will be available is anyone's guess...

Espy said:
What's this film about anyway? I've heard the name 1000 times but don't know the basic plot!
It is about a group of scientists who have developed a machine that allows a person to share in another's dream, which consequently gets stolen. It is an excellent movie and is, naturally, very surreal being played part in dream, part in reality and directed by Satoshi Kon. Definitely one I want own since the film is absolutely superb.

Paul said:
the same thing happened with Steamboy; the DVD release date was announced before a limited theatrical run.
And then didn't the DVD slip continually for about half a year and then they forced everyone who wanted to experience it properly to buy an expensive boxed-set version? I'm not going to get excited about this release until I see it happen, and happen well :)

Back