[Overseas] Anime News & Announcements

A pretty sad release slate. I'll get Buddy Daddies and I at least remember Campfire Cooking as having a distinct identity of its own, but the other three just blurred into one another. I'm saving so much money on anime these days :S

R

Nova media in S. Korea just announced on their FB account that they’re releasing Blue Giant on April 12th with a pre order date of March 29th. It comes in either a regular or a lenticular slip cover and contains English subtitles

I'm very excited for this to finally drop in the UK. I saw it in the cinema a few months ago. I didn't know what to expect. I did no research going in, other than the trailer made the story sound pretty basic. I was not prepared for just how much it would blow me away. I love it!

It's also sent me down a rabbithole of listening to Hiromi. This week I've greatly enjoyed her Sonicwonderland album.

I'm very excited for this to finally drop in the UK. I saw it in the cinema a few months ago. I didn't know what to expect. I did no research going in, other than the trailer made the story sound pretty basic. I was not prepared for just how much it would blow me away. I love it!

It's also sent me down a rabbithole of listening to Hiromi. This week I've greatly enjoyed her Sonicwonderland album.
I’ve not seen the anime but the manga is BANGING!

A Dragon Ball theme park…:D

In Saudi Arabia…:eek:

My first thought was "gay fans not welcome" tbh. Like I don't believe everyone there is a bigot but the law is bad on that IIRC (also I'm literally posting my first thought, I do understand it's not only gay men or cis gay men who would feel unsafe) :(

I'd also note that they have executed a significant number of child defendants in Saudi Arabia this year and this smacks of a similar thing to the sportswashing of F1.

My first thought was "gay fans not welcome" tbh. Like I don't believe everyone there is a bigot but the law is bad on that IIRC (also I'm literally posting my first thought, I do understand it's not only gay men or cis gay men who would feel unsafe) :(

I'd also note that they have executed a significant number of child defendants in Saudi Arabia this year and this smacks of a similar thing to the sportswashing of F1.
This should be called 'anime-washing'.

Formula 1, their foray into trying to sign famous footballers for their domestic football league, the Saudi Arabian government buying Newcastle United, hosting big boxing events, and now this. It's all an attempt to wash their image globally as you say.

People enjoy all these sports, all whilst Saudi Arabia continue to sentence gay people to death, or give them lashes and prison sentences for daring to be homosexual.

Haven't been keeping up with US releases but assumed Oshi No Ko came out months ago!
Think I've just got a warped sense of when it actually aired because 'Hidive' 🤷‍♂️

Crunchyroll July 2024 slate.

Two Limited Editions and Two re-releases this month.

July 2nd.
Bungo Stray Dogs Season 4
Vinland Saga Season 2 Part 1
In Another World With My Smartphone Season 2

July 9th.
BOFURI: I Don't Want to Get Hurt, So I'll Max Out My Defense Season 2 LE
One Piece Season 13 Voyage 8
Summoned to Another World for a Second Time

July 16th.
Soul Eater The Complete Series
(re-release)
Tomo-chan Is a Girl! LE

July 23rd.
Reborn as a Vending Machine, I Now Wander the Dungeon Season 1
Why Raeliana Ended Up at the Duke's Mansion

July 30th.
FLCL Season 1
(re-release)

filters_quality(95)format(webp) (9).jpegfilters_quality(95)format(webp).jpegfilters_quality(95)format(webp) (1).jpegfilters_quality(95)format(webp) (7).jpegfilters_quality(95)format(webp) (3).jpegfilters_quality(95)format(webp) (6).jpegfilters_quality(95)format(webp) (5).jpegfilters_quality(95)format(webp) (10).jpegfilters_quality(95)format(webp) (2).jpeg

I still need to watch 7th Loop, though I do think the animation looks a bit nicer in Raelina. Hoping 7th Loop also ends up being enjoyable as I liked the manga.

I watched 7th Loop first, and I thought the opposite... Also, the female MC Riche was cuter than Raeliana, and she had a really good head on her shoulders, benefiting from her living through her life 6 times previously. It was really good, hope you enjoy it. Lol, the black-haired Prince in all these castle romance series looks like the same character in every show!

Back