Ouran High School Host club manga enters its last story arc

chaos

The Boss
Fan favourite <strong><em>Ouran High School Host Club</em></strong> has announced it's last story arc starts in July.
"Manga anthology magazine Lala is also launching a "Host Club: The Last Party" fan campaign to celebrate the story's conclusion and give away presents.
The campaign includes an illustration contest for fan art, as well as voting for the fans' favorite "Title Page Illustration Selection" and favorite quotes from the manga ("The Best Collection"). The cast of Ouran's anime adaptation will then record the top-ranking quotes for a CD. The CD will be offered to readers via a mail-away offer starting in the October issue of LaLa in August."

<a href="http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2010-06-24/ouran-high-school-host-club-manga-to-enter-final-arc">From ANN</a>

I love this series so much, kinda sad to hear its ending.

I hope no one spoils the end for me while I wait for VIZ to bring out the last volumes.

Otherwise I will find that person, take them outside and beat them with my idiot stick!!! :twisted:

I've heard the anime did surprisingly well in the UK, no idea how it did in Japan, which is actually what defines if a second series would be made or not.

chaos said:
I've heard the anime did surprisingly well in the UK, no idea how it did in Japan, which is actually what defines if a second series would be made or not.

No doubt partly to do with the price being, dare I say...reasonable =P

Sparrowsabre7 said:
No doubt partly to do with the price being, dare I say...reasonable =P
Unsure about this... xxxHolics didn't do so well, Clamp has a huge following and the price was also reasonable.

Code Geass being 3x the price of Ouran also seems to have done well enough to ensure a release of its second season.

I have friends who have no interest in anime whatsoever, yet loved ouran. Also i think it appeals to both genders... sort of :)

Edit: I just realised how wierd that sounds. What i meant to say was that, after they actually watch it, most guys seem to enjoy it. ^^'

DanM said:
I have friends who have no interest in anime whatsoever, yet loved ouran. Also i think it appeals to both genders... sort of :)

Edit: I just realised how wierd that sounds. What i meant to say was that, after they actually watch it, most guys seem to enjoy it. ^^'
i guess that alot of Shojo titles (more specifically in the manga form) have tons of cover art that can be considered really "girly"

for example, i would've been put off from Kare Kano if i looked at the front covers of the manga, but when i turned the pages the art inside was much more appealing

memorium said:
i guess that alot of Shojo titles (more specifically in the manga form) have tons of cover art that can be considered really "girly"

for example, i would've been put off from Kare Kano if i looked at the front covers of the manga, but when i turned the pages the art inside was much more appealing

I had a friend (girl) who started buying shojo manga, stuff like ultra maniac and absolute boyfriend, and at first i thought they would only appeal to girls, but after reading them i found that i really enjoyed them, because i didnt need to think much to get into them haha :)

Thats why me and most of my friends enjoy host club, because its just a bit of fun that doesnt require a big series commitment.

Though the opening left me sceptical when first shown it at an anime club taster sess, I almost immediately fell in love, but it is without a doubt the pinkest show I have ever seen XP.

I'm glad the manga's come to a conclusion, that'll give me an incentive to read it now, I don't like investing in ridiculously long-running series because it becomes such a time sink.

DanM said:
^ The exact reason i stopped getting one piece :lol:

Yeah lol, I really want to watch Bleach, but if it's not gonna stop anytime soon I'd rather wait. I prefer to have an end in sight before I start something XP

Actually, its more the money for me, i dont like reading/watching online so having to buy 30+ volumes isnt a nice though :p

Back