Oldboy collector's edition

After hearing good things about this film and really enjoying the other two films in the Trilogy, I'd definitely try pick this up. Not many directors warrant my spending out on a special ed, but this guy is one of those select few.

I admit that looks like a damn fine package; now to weigh up whether or not its worth "double" dipping. Oldboy is probably the best (and easily most watchable) of the trilogy and I already own all of the directors other movies in the UK (including JSA and his segment in Three Extremes), so it may be worth it the money just to top off my collection :)

I will too unfortunately. Why unfortunately? Because the edition we have now isn't exactly half bad as it is!

In fact, I might just wait for the 'Vengeance Trilogy Boxset' which will probably have 'Sympathy For Mr Vengeance' and 'Lady Vengeance' in special edition form too.

One thing I detest about the DVD format is the exploitation.

Oldboy is on Film4 this week! An essential viewing if you're yet to see it! Catch it on Friday at 23:05.

Hovis! said:
I will too unfortunately. Why unfortunately? Because the edition we have now isn't exactly half bad as it is!

In fact, I might just wait for the 'Vengeance Trilogy Boxset' which will probably have 'Sympathy For Mr Vengeance' and 'Lady Vengeance' in special edition form too.

One thing I detest about the DVD format is the exploitation.

i found what it was you was waiting for!

Standard Edition Boxset

Deluxe Edition Boxset

sure looks tempting :cry:

I was right. There's a "Deluxe Edition" Vengeance trilogy Boxset coming out. Sympathy For Mr Vengeance & Lady Vengeance both get the two disc treatement though Old Boy only gets the two disc treatment as well, not the three disc like the Deluxe Edition of that as a stand alone!

The former for me I think. :)

Great film the thing with the scene fighting 30 guys with a hammer it suppose to be hard to watch and tiring its not suppose to be some thing fun to watch. Loved sypathy for mr vengance almost as much not much to go on. But lady vengance wasent as good as the two still good but tryed to hard to make another oldboy and put to much style over plot.

Back