Oban Star Racers on ITV; starting January 1st

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
Fanart of the official <a href="http://obanstarracers.com/">Oban Star Racers fan site</a> has let us know that the first couple of episodes will be airing January 1st on ITV 1 from 8:20am until 9:25am. We are unable to find whether or not this will become a weekly fixture for ITV.

Oban Star Racers is a Star Wars pod-racing influenced French/Japanese co-produced animation series. It already airs on Jetix in the UK during the week (from 7:30pm).

I doubt this will be a regular time-slot, it's just there to capture the kids who are still on Christmas holiday. It may be ITV are just testing the audience before launching it into the normal kids-tv schedule?

Incidentally the OP and ED themes for Oban were composed by Yoko Kanno and feature Japanese vocals... Provided ITV stick with them (Jetix did), it will be great to hear Yoko Kanno music on terrestrial TV!

Paul said:
I doubt this will be a regular time-slot, it's just there to capture the kids who are still on Christmas holiday. It may be ITV are just testing the audience before launching it into the normal kids-tv schedule?

Incidentally the OP and ED themes for Oban were composed by Yoko Kanno and feature Japanese vocals... Provided ITV stick with them (Jetix did), it will be great to hear Yoko Kanno music on terrestrial TV!

it'll most likely show on the disney show they have on ITV seeing how Jetix is owned by disney.

As for the end theme, it's not how you think. Yoko composed 2 different songs, the intro and the ending but only the Japanese and French release got the different ending, all we get is an instrumental of "A chance to Shine", still Japanese on Terestrial TV is alway a good thing.

They're just gonna run though it arin't they?

I didn't notice any cuts incidently, but I only caught ep 2, Itv are bastards with the cutting knife (Sailor Moon didn't stand a chance).

Paul said:

The type of kids that will watch it on ITV, or CITV won't give a toss at any rate. "Hear that kiddies? That's Yoko Kanno! You know the famous composer of Japanese animation music?

Kiddies:
Yeah wha'evva. :roll:

Mohawk52 said:
Paul said:

The type of kids that will watch it on ITV, or CITV won't give a toss at any rate. "Hear that kiddies? That's Yoko Kanno! You know the famous composer of Japanese animation music?

Kiddies:
Hey Kids, this is a great show with a great story!
Kids: Whatever.

Hey Kids, here's a stupid merchiendising spinoff show that's got no story, is called pet alien and suck's ass
Kids; OH OH! ME WANT ME WANT

Me: TO THE HELLS WITH YOU ALL!

Mohawk52 said:
Paul said:

Kiddies:

It's more for my own gratification really :) Besides I think if there are clear Japanese vocals, perhaps even the kids will subconsciously realize that what they are watching is anime. But then may be I'm putting too much faith in the intelligence of Britain's youth...

Paul said:
Mohawk52 said:
Paul said:

Kiddies:

It's more for my own gratification really :) Besides I think if there are clear Japanese vocals, perhaps even the kids will subconsciously realize that what they are watching is anime. But then may be I'm putting too much faith in the intelligence of Britain's youth...

i'll put it this way paul

i showed it my cousin today on Jetix.

His reply was "this some cartoon from the Middle East?"

then again i don't trust ours schools geography abillity anyway, according to Chaz Lincoln is just above London lol

Ryo Chan said:

then again i don't trust ours schools geography abillity anyway, according to Chaz Lincoln is just above London lol
A war of terror that puts A better cartoon show on tv? I for one welcome our Middle Eastern overlords I'd like to remind them that I can be helpful in rounding up other channels to toil to put Better cartoon shows on TV.

Conan-san said:
Ryo Chan said:

A war of terror that puts A better cartoon show on tv? I for one welcome our Middle Eastern overlords I'd like to remind them that I can be helpful in rounding up other channels to toil to put Better cartoon shows on TV.

you know we're not at war with every country in the middle east lol

Ryo Chan said:
Conan-san said:
Ryo Chan said:

you know we're not at war with every country in the middle east lol
Huh, I Lost count as of late.

but my Simpsone Meme stands.

W-what the?
Where the hell did ep 5 go?!

They've skipped ep 5!!

Is there something with tv companies and thier complelte inablity to air anything that has anything to do with Japan without making a total mess of it?!

Do we have anti-11 technologyies or something?!

Back