OASIS OF SPIRITS: A ORIGINAL ONE SHOT NOVEL I WROTE FOR A WEBCOMIC IN THE MAKING. (WOULD LOVE REVIEWS)

Five6212

Hikikomori
(You don’t need an account to read.)

What if you were given a chance to go back in time and correct your mistakes. Would you take it or not?
This is basically the plot for the webcomic i’ll be submitting in a one shot competition. It’s still in the making, but I’ve released the novel format. It’s just a chapter and I was hoping anyone interested could check it out. I’ll drop the synopsis and link below:

Synopsis: Jin Inoue is a 22 year old businessman who blames himself for the death of his sister. He’s given a chance to return back in time and prevent her death, which he takes. But failing to prevent it once again, he’s now stuck in the past, haunted by the ghost of his sister.

[LINK TO OASIS OF SPIRITS ONE-SHOT NOVEL](OASIS OF SPIRITS | Voyce.Me)

A little scene from the novel, hoping it will pique your interest:

“...ig …ther,” a faint voice called out as he felt a hand on his shoulder, giving him a brisk shake.

“Big brother Jin, wake up.”

Jin’s eyes flicked open as the voice beckoning became clearer. The blurry configuration of his eyes transformed into a clearer one, making out the figure which knelt before him.

Nana? “Nana!” Jin thought before he exclaimed, shooting up to his feet out of shock.

“What’s wrong with you brother?” Nana asked, her tender and gentle brown eyes widened curiously as to why her brother was suddenly agitated.

“I-it’s really you, Nana,” Jin cried as he bent down and hugged his sister, taking a long sniff of the fragrance of the perfume encompassing her long blonde hair.

“W-what’s wrong brother? Why are you crying?”

“Nothing,” Jin replied as he pushed her free from his grasp gently.

As he began wiping off the tears that rolled down quickly from his eyes, he noticed a difference in his body. His hands were shorter and mild, his voice thin and soft, and his height had also become very different.

“Wh-what’s this?” Jin stuttered.

“Come on brother, let’s go. We’re late!” Nana exclaimed joyfully, dusting the white gown she wore as she stood up.

“Huh?”

“What? Don’t tell me you’ve forgotten. You promised to take me to the amusement park today.”

Amusement park?... Amusement park!

Jin’s eyes widened. He looked up quickly at the scenery before him, and his eyes widened furthermore as he caught a glimpse of the building a few miles away from where he and Nana were.

“The… the orphanage! I’m back in the past.” Jin shot up once again to his feet as the pace of his breathing increased.

“Alright big brother, let’s go!” Nana scurried off as she exclaimed.

“W-wait, Nana.”

If I’m really back in the past…

“We can’t go there today!”

Then we mustn't go to the amusement park today.

“Eh! Why not?” Nana questioned as she stopped and turned around, pouting.

“Just because…” Jin trailed off, unable to come up with a lie.

“I wanna go! I wanna go!” Nana pressured.

“But…”

“I’m going!” Nana shouted, picking up her pace as she ran.

“Wait, Nana!” Jin followed, chasing after her as he called out.

They both ran through the grass plain surrounding the orphanage, making their way all to the far end, where the fence was located. Nana quickly bent over and crawled into a hole broken in the fence, leading outside.

“Stop!” Jin shouted as he bent over and crawled into the hole as well, emerging into a busy street.

“Nana? Nana, where are you? Nana!!” Jin shouted, his eyes nervously scanning the street he had wandered into, out of fear that what he had come here to stop had already happened.

“I’m right here,” Nana said as she grabbed Jin’s hand.

Back