Non-Convention events?

chaos said:
Troll is someone who post things in a forum for the sake of flaming.

http://www.barbican.org.uk/film/series.asp?id=600

I'm going, still deciding which movies, but surely I'll see hi no tori (both) and possibly something else. These events at barbican no one speaks to no one.... or else, they don't speak to strangers, but if you fancy going to any and want some company let me know. Also on convention and such, you can always find people who you can speak to. At Amecon I've hang out with Hopeful monster and McIcy a lot, but I think our group of over 20's must grow so you're welcome if you feel like joining us =)

Hey chaos, i really appreciate the invite, i might even have to take you up on your offer sometime....

I really want to see Hi No Tori (just read Apollo's Song and loved it as i am also dead inside). You mentioned that you've been to these showings before, how's the turn out? Is it packced with people? What's the vibe?

I'm definitely going for hi no tori and I'm thinking if I should go for any of the others as well... kind of a once in a lifetime chance to see some of Tezuka's on the big screen (although barbican's screen is not really big)

The vibe there is like any other movie theater, so unless you're an extrovert person, people don't tend to talk to people out of their groups. There is a usually a short presentation from Helen McArthy about the show, with some interesting comments. TBH, it didn't feel like a place to meet people.

I think hi no tori is pretty much certain. I really want to go to the filmography earlier in the day with Helen McCarthy, but there is a big gap between that and the other stuff.

I guess it depends who i can drag along. Have you already ordered your tickets? Is there anyone else going to this?

didn't get them yet. I wanted to get the multibuy offer, I'm going for the two hi no tori already, so I just need to choose another one... I've been considering unico..

bumping this thread... I've got tickets for:
Phoenix 2772 / Space Firebird (PG)
20 Sep 2008 / 6:00pm / Cinema One
F20
The Phoenix: Chapter of Dawn (PG)
20 Sep 2008 / 8:30pm / Cinema One
F20
Fantastic Adventures of Unico 1 (PG)
21 Sep 2008 / 1:45pm / Cinema One
E9
The Lion Books (12A)
21 Sep 2008 / 3:45pm / Cinema One
E9
Prime Rose (12A)
22 Sep 2008 / 6:00pm / Cinema One
E10

Finally got my tickets for;

The Phoenix: Chapter of Dawn (PG)
20 Sep 2008 / 8:30pm / Cinema One
F20

Might book more depending how today goes.

See you there!

Hey Shiro , didn't see you there... It was god fun, but my favourite was lion books. It was trully amazing and the best anime I've seen this year. possibly the best film I've seen this year....

I was there for The Phoenix: Chapter of Dawn.

I was laughing all the way through it. It was the worst film i have seen in my entire life. I took someone there, thinking it was going to be a good showcase of anime, i failed and she no longer wants to speak of that night, nor do i.

LOL, seriously you should have gone to see phoenix 2772 that was a good show of anime =D

It wasn't the worst film I ever seen, because I can't remember laughing so much recently, I rated that a 7 for the fun. I also liked the end that is not exactly happy, but still says not all is lost.

Anyway, the anime ones were good. Lion books were really, really good.

Shiro Yui said:
I did see phoenix 2772, the live action one right? 8:30 on saturday, it was awful.
Nope, you've seen Phoenix - chapter of dawn, which was ... mm .... unique =D

Phoenix 2772 is a proper anime and it was seriously enjoyable. On Sunday, I've seen the Lion books, which was ubber amazing.
I'ts a shame I can't find it to buy those... :(

Back