NIS rescues Cardcaptor Sakura anime for Blu ray and DVD!

SnowWolf

Adventurer
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... a-tv-anime

NIS America announced on Wednesday that it will release the Cardcaptor Sakura anime series in a Blu-ray Premium Edition and DVD Standard Edition in North America. Both editions will include a bonus monaural English-dubbed track, and will ship on August 5.

The Premium Edition, which will retail for US$249.99, will include all 70 episodes on nine Blu-ray Discs, a 76-page hardcover art book, clean openings and endings, and a collectable slip case. The Standard edition will ship in three 4-DVD volumes for US$59.99 each.

ZOMG!!!!! SOLD!!!

What does monaural mean?

The DVD edition still looks like a worse deal than the madman release, you'll end up paying twice and the amount and having more cases to store. The BD set looks great though.

Oh, that looks coo-
*Sees the price-tag*
Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha no.

MangaUK's Jerome has been quite vocal on Twitter about how he doesn't like this release strategy and if he were to release it here, he'd prefer to do it as 2 35-episode parts with an RRP of £35-40. That would be a lot more manageable.

$250 / 70 = $3.57 an episode

13 * $3.57 = $46.42 - comparable to a modern release price for a 13 Ep season.

Bound to be cheaper than the MSRP in any event.

Think I'll be giving that CCS blu-ray set a miss since I currently own the Geneon Region 1 dvd box sets and I don't think I can justify the price for upgrading them.

Joshawott said:
MangaUK's Jerome has been quite vocal on Twitter about how he doesn't like this release strategy and if he were to release it here, he'd prefer to do it as 2 35-episode parts with an RRP of £35-40. That would be a lot more manageable.
Anyone remember where we put the "Jerome needs to take a chill pill" thread :wink:

My wallet and I prefer single sets with NISA's production values rather than multiple parts with Manga's ^^;

Shiroi Hane said:
Joshawott said:
Anyone remember where we put the "Jerome needs to take a chill pill" thread :wink:

http://www.animeuknews.net/forums/viewt ... 10&t=14181

If anyone wants to do the honours with the highlights for those who don't follow MangaUK...:D

R

Probably going to need a region free blu ray player though.

Do you think the blu ray quality will help make up for the dub being mono or make it stick out more?

The Animax voices are ok, they seem to fit the characters, but I think the Nelvana dub had better acting. I know the original Japanese is the main attraction, but I still like to check out the dub. It normally takes several episodes for the actors to get used to their roles, so they might be fantastic by episode 10.

Not looking to buy but where is the standard Blu-ray version?

Does NIS release a standard Blu-ray version later on?

Back