Nintendo Gamer magazine is no more

afoia

Adventurer
http://operationrainfall.com/the-ninten ... sing-down/

For people who used to read superplay, N64 or NGC magazine as a kid this is a huge shock for such a long running publishing team. What makes this twice as sad is their 20th Anniversary was coming up.

Such a shame as I remember N64 and NGC being a more mature read than Nintendo Official Magazine. I used to read N64 and NGC magazine myself back in the day and when it changed hands to NGamer that's when I felt the magazine had lost its audience, targeting younger kids with more simplistic writing.

First Nintendo Power and now this.

Yes, heard about this a few days ago, it's a massive shame.

Forget N64 and onwards, Super Play was the greatest game magazine ever (even though its later incarnations were perfectly fine).

It was an utter joy to read every month's Super Play - the professionalism of the writing, them not being sucked into hype (one of the few magazines to say Donkey Kong Country was actually pretty bad), the import sections and dedicated pages to RPGs. And let's not forget their anime section with Helen McCarthy contributing.

If it wasn't for that magazine I would never have come across Urusei Yatsura. A terrifying thought.

Excellence in print form.

Massive shame...I've been reading since I got an issue free with my N64 and it's one of the only games mags (with GM) that I still buy.

Great content, nice design, some awesome quirky features...it was always way better than the official magazine.

Back