Nick Simmons Faces Accusations of Plagiarism

Will-O'-The-Wisp

Cardcaptor
---The images below might contain a few light Bleach spoilers, just a friendly warning---

"Comic book writer" Nick Simmons (Son of Gene Simmons from Kiss) is facing accusations from fans for plagiarising characters, panels, fight scenes and even dialogue and character poses from various manga, predominately Bleach.

The scenes/dialogue/characters and whatnot he ripped off were used for his manga-inspired comic "Incarnate" (published by Radical comics... or something) and included fan art taken from sites like DeviantArt

Viz (American publisher for Bleach) are are currently looking into it. According to Wiki, it's also caught Kubo's attention and made a Tweet on the matter earlier today

A few examples below (sorry about image sizes!!):

--
043jd.jpg

kenny2.jpg

--
ulquiorraj.jpg

incarnatescreen1.jpg

--
bleach348sleepyfans14.jpg

anubis%281%29.jpeg

--
grimmjowc.jpg

--
copyofprv3147pg13.jpg

He could have atleast tried to make it look original, It's so blatent it's painful ¬¬

lol, this is hilarious. People pick up on this when you take stuff from a very small indie title and pretend it's your own, how he thought he was going to get away with it from Bleach I don't know.

LMAO there is getting insperation from other peoples work then this is this! dear god if he was going to use bleac he could have at least changed it from the original used its as insperation but not blatently copied kubso's work

He sucks how he thought he could pass it off as original is beyond me, what a muppet

The first picture looks like he traced it LOL. Hopefully it may get a bit of TV coverage in states because of his famous parents. Any free publicity for Manga is good news.

The only things in that comic which aren't obvious copies from other works seem to be very weak. Even in the non-Bleach parts you can see eyes/hairstyles/expressions copied from other places immediately. It's ridiculous that he would do this with a series with such enormous popularity and expect to get away with it; some people...

R

Zin5ki said:
His father ought to lick him as a means of punishment.

Huzzah! I made a reference to popular culture!

THat just sounds creepy.
Also looks like someones getting a lawsuit in their lap.

i loled when i saw this, and yes i'm a bit slow, i only found out at the weekend because a friend on DA did a journal entry about it, and she was a bit slow as well :lol:

Back