New UK TV channel Anime+ from Sony Europe?

Chaz said:
Well, if it dos come, thn it'll help keep our money in the pocket. Less need to buy all these boxsets, which is a real relief.
I would still buy the boxsets because they would most likey we dubbed when aired on TV.

This is good news, but like a lot of people I'm trying not to get too excited. Let's wait for confirmation before we break out the champagne, but my bottle's chilling as we speak! :wink:

keyblade_master uk said:
Oh my god!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*falls down because of the news that sony make*

I know this isn't official, but I can't stop being excited. Imagine Loads of anime on a channel where not edited like hell and cool animes like chrono crusade, maybe cowboy bebop and loads other.

And it will be probably after 8:00pm channel, but they might show kiddie anime shows like shaman king or somethin [hello, can't think right alot of kiddie anime except pokemon]. I hope this will come true and like to say thid is the best anime website in the uk.

Did Naruto push the button for anime+ news. Maybe, maybe not. But who cares, its been on the anime news.
Quite Frankly, if Ofcom didn't give a damn towords (and I appologise for the continuing refrence to the incident) the poor bastard's stick phlight in the Magma Diver episode of Evangelion (lets not go into the cussing and all the such that makes the current state of NarUK seem like we've gone back in time and are experencing the death of CNX again) then whatever they air is thier business apprently, just as long as it's not in the Kid's section (Jetix's one weakness)

Proabably be in the entertainment section, but I hope they don't show it in the International section, because it will be killed off in like a month or something, because english british will be embarresed looking through indian, chineese channel and muslim channel.

I even get sick and tired of my asian side watching asian stuff, so i call them sad [I am not racist, just because they take over the t.v in my house] and they shout at me.

But, what will rapture tv become off, well anime+ can't show every anime in the world, so rapture will be showing thier share of anime, and they can't be rivaling each other[though, sony is known to be really competitive, so they pick on rapture tv], so they won't be killing each other off.

And now, people will shout at me on this forums. It goes, i try make point and people next, shout at me and prove me wrong. Enough said.

Meh, Sony have done nothing but let me down recently, but i would quickly regain my respect for them if this channel actually comes to fruition.

I guess the best thing is to sit it out and wait to see what happens but i did buy a bumper back of party poppers just incase!

wow! a chance is a chance! im not gonna sit here!
1. is there anyway we can show our supposrt/appreciation?
2. rapture isnt on NTL, soes this mean this wouldnt be also? (if indeed it makes the cut)

edit:damn, just read the new news

Gawyn said:
I have to say that Sony confuse the hell out of me at the best of times. They licence Blood+ for everywhere but Europe, have a relatively poor performance for sales of FF7:Advent Children in Europe, completely screw up the release of Steamboy over here and then bring this to Europe. I'm not complaining since it sounds like a fantastic idea and could be just the boost the UK anime industry needs at the moment but it does boggle the mind somewhat...

Blood+ is available in France, I saw it last December

Harun said:
Gawyn said:
I have to say that Sony confuse the hell out of me at the best of times. They licence Blood+ for everywhere but Europe, have a relatively poor performance for sales of FF7:Advent Children in Europe, completely screw up the release of Steamboy over here and then bring this to Europe. I'm not complaining since it sounds like a fantastic idea and could be just the boost the UK anime industry needs at the moment but it does boggle the mind somewhat...

Blood+ is available in France, I saw it last December
That will almost certainly be a bootleg given that you saw that DVD before the Japanese DVDs had finished their run (The TV series went to air in August last year and will only be coming towards the end of its run about now), or not too long after the first one would have been available. So far as I am aware it still has no legal licencee in France or anywhere else in Europe.

Back