New Paprika and Appleseed 2 trailers online

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
Sony Pictures have unveiled a new Quicktime trailer for Paprika and <a href="http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony/paprika/trailer/">posted it on the apple.com website for your streaming pleasure</a>. Directed by Satoshi "Pefect Blue, Paranoia Agent" Kon and animated by Madhouse Studios, the sci-fi mind bender Paprika continues to receive glowing praise the world over. It will be released on UK DVD by Columbia Tristar on 28th May.

Also the first trailer for the new 3D-CG animated Appleseed: Ex Machina (Appleseed 2) movie has <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrllEZw9r4A">been posted on YouTube</a>. Hong Kong's famous action-flick director John Woo is credited as producer for the movie.

I can't wait to see Paprika. Not bothered about Appleseed as I consider the first CGI effort to be one of the worst mature animated movies i've seen. However i'm sure I'll be forced to watch it as a lot of my friends are impressed by unimpressive CGI action.

The Paprika trailer is stunning, it makes the movie seem a lot more like Paranoia Agent, but far more colourful and surreal. The cloud surfing sequence looks oh so cool. And Susumu Hirasawa's soundtrack comes into it's own. I really can't wait to see it.

As far as Appleseed goes, I'm not a fan of the CG character designs and it doesn't look like they've learnt anything from the narrative flaws of the first movie.

Looking forward to both films (I really, really like the first CGI Appleseed film myself. The art direction has a lot of future potential.).

Paprika is needless to say quality wise...

I'll be happy if the release is like Tokyo Godfathers. Sure it had no extras but everything was there that was needed. Fantastic picture, audio quality, readable subtitles and no stopid crazy animated menus that fly around all over the place and take over a minute to load.

These films both look great I cant wait to get my hands on them. Its just a shame that Paprika has been delayed but then we were all expecting that.

WOW. I'm definitely getting Paprika now! I've only seen Perfect Blue, so I'm not sure about the rest of his work, but this looks amazing!

As for Appleseed, I don't particularly want to watch it, but if I find it for a low price I might pick it up.

The trailer for paprika blew me away! The soundtrack sounded very similar to paranoia agent as well. Im really looking forward to this release. Does anyone know if it will be in the cinema over here i think the states are getting it in may?

As for appleseed i will probably watch it but i thought the previous one was a bit of a letdown.

Paprika is a fantastic film, but I don't think it's anything like Paranoia Agent or Perfect Blue in either style or story :)

Had it pre-ordered with play.com for ages! :(

I had to watch that trailer at least 3 times to take in its greatness.Its obvious this will be another anime classic.Some of the images look amazing like when those four men jump of the roof.I havint been this excited about an anime in a while.

I hate to be the one that doesn't see the artistic subtleties, but the trailer for Paprika was pretty darn weird >_<

I really enjoyed Appleseed - not just as a pretty-looking blockbuster type of fim, but as a film that made an effort with weaving a decent storyline. My only problem with it was the motion-capture technique used on the characters because it ended up looking more like a high-end computer game than an animated movie. I'm guessing this film is more of the same.

Paprika on the other hand is several shades of awesome - I already have my DVD preordered! It's another piece of Satoshi Kon weirdness that will blow you mind.

Espy said:
I hate to be the one that doesn't see the artistic subtleties, but the trailer for Paprika was pretty darn weird >_<
Paprika itself is pretty darn wierd and it is meant to be. The movie is centred around dreams and more than half of it is told in dream so there is plenty of room for wierdness right there. If you think it looks wierd and surreal to you then I think the artwork has done a fine job ;). Don't let the wierdness put you off because it all serves its purpose in telling a thoroughly brilliant plot with beautiful artwork to boot, not to mention the fantastic soundtrack :).

Back