New Old Star Wars

hopeful_monster

Thousand Master
Currious how this is going to be received by this fourm as the majority of you guys won't remeber but, GEORGE LUCAS IS GOING TO RELEASE THE ORGINAL THEATRICAL VERSIONS OF STARWARS. YAHOO!!!! JOY!!! HAPPY THOUGHTS.
Now for those of you who don't remeber/ know the recent DVD releases of Episodes 4 (A New Hope) to 6 (Return of the Jedi) Have bee altered since they first came out. Some changes were cosmetic (Changing backrounds etc) others were to the plot (Greedo shoots first). Those of us who watched the orginal 1st we have been baying for this since he released the Special editions.

I heard about this yesterday, my twin bro is really happy (I'm not a big Star Wars fan, more Star Trek, causes alot of arguements :lol:).

Whatever next... Lucas decides to milk more from the franchise by admiting that the Star Wars Holiday Special happened and promptly releasing it on DVD?

Seriously though, the differences are so minor that they really could have released these as alternative-angles on the existing DVDs. Does it really, really matter than Han shoots first. Really?

kupoartist said:
Does it really, really matter than Han shoots first. Really?
Depends how much Star wars means to you. The reason I was irriated by the Special edition was because SW was what i grew up on, and Lucas was messing around with my childhood memories. A similar example is with 4Kids 'ruining' anime by cutting out bits it deems unsuitable (sex, drugs, violence rock and roll, whatever).

If they released a version of Goonies with no truffle shuffle, for example.
Awful, indefensible.

As for Star Wars, I'm more than a little irritated by the constant updates, re-releasing the films with ever-more changes so that the last box of films are different to the already-altered '97 special editions. Did it really take years to remaster these so that they couldn't have been included in the last box set? Do I need to buy them again? Will I anyway?
It becomes a test of will...

WOOHOO STAR WARS IS MY FAVE FILM NO DOUBT ABOUT IT AND I ACTUALLY LOVE ALL THE CHANGES THEYVE DONE ESPECIALLY THE ENDING WITH ANAKINS GHOST AnD HOW THEY SHOW CORUSCANT AND STUFF!!!!!! :D :D :D

Capuchin said:
If they released a version of Goonies with no truffle shuffle, for example.
Awful, indefensible.

As for Star Wars, I'm more than a little irritated by the constant updates, re-releasing the films with ever-more changes so that the last box of films are different to the already-altered '97 special editions. Did it really take years to remaster these so that they couldn't have been included in the last box set? Do I need to buy them again? Will I anyway?
It becomes a test of will...

Theres gonna be one last release (2007) for the all six of the films. These are gonna be archival editions .
They will be one a new of home video known as blu ray dvd or somethin like that. Lucas will add his final touches to the films :D

Also in 2007 lucas will release all six of the films in theatres again in 3D :eek: :D

Back