New Hellsing OVA series on the way?

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
News has emerged today (on AnimeOnDVD) that Geneon are co-financing a new Hellsing OVA series. The number of episodes is unknown, but it is said to be based on the original manga material.

Also, Geneon are said to have acquired two new anime series in "Erementar Gerad" and "Ergo Proxy".

Well a new Hellsing series should be interesting.

Id like to say I hope that Geneon gets the original dub cast back for this ( Alucard just isnt Alucard without Crispin Freeman voicing him ) , but im not that optimistic on that.

Still the original TV series was entertaining if not that wonderful , so ill be interested to see where this goes.

I loved the original series but I was annoyed that it seemed to have almost no ties to the manga, Crispin Freeman has to be Alucard again he had such a cool voice!

KittySeras said:
I loved the original series but I was annoyed that it seemed to have almost no ties to the manga, Crispin Freeman has to be Alucard again he had such a cool voice!

Yeah but I still prefer the Japanese VA for some reason. I think it's purely because of that scene in the beginning, where Alucard busts into the Church and say

"That's enough out of you... PUNK!". :mrgreen:

MangaMinX said:
Id like to say I hope that Geneon gets the original dub cast back for this ( Alucard just isnt Alucard without Crispin Freeman voicing him ) , but im not that optimistic on that.
Crispin only does Union work now. Geneon hardly ever pay for Union dubs (last one was the 3d Appleseed film)

I just hope they relize that he is the voice of Alucard to many people.

IanC said:
Crispin only does Union work now. Geneon hardly ever pay for Union dubs (last one was the 3d Appleseed film)

I just hope they relize that he is the voice of Alucard to many people.

Yes I was aware :( , which was why I said I wasnt optimistic.

Guess I'll actually have to watch the whole series all the way through tho, bravo to Genoen for licensing Erementar Gerad, that should make them a tidy sum.

Anonymous said:
KittySeras said:

Yeah but I still prefer the Japanese VA for some reason. I think it's purely because of that scene in the beginning, where Alucard busts into the Church and say

"That's enough out of you... PUNK!". :mrgreen:

Oh that is so funny :lol: His japanesevoice is kinda scary :shock:

I never watch the english dubs of anything, they drive me absolutely up the wall....

okay, let's not get into a flame war here. they offer both sub AND dub on the DVDs for a reason! personally, a new Hellsing OVA sounds pretty interesting although i've yet to see the original series. *hangs head in shame*

You have got to watch it! If I watch anime with friends who are knew to it, because som just laugh at the japanese voices! But I watch my anime in the japanese language the way it was ment to be.

Concrete badger said:
okay, let's not get into a flame war here. they offer both sub AND dub on the DVDs for a reason! personally, a new Hellsing OVA sounds pretty interesting although i've yet to see the original series. *hangs head in shame*

I have to admit that I haven't seen it either, it's been near the top of my wish list for a while but every time I actually have the money something else catches my eye.

noisy_mouse said:
I never watch the english dubs of anything, they drive me absolutely up the wall....
I bet he feels better for that :lol:
I keep contemplating Hellsing but it just never seems to appeal enough for me to get it :(

I think you should give it a try, but me's thinking that you wont like Hellsing very much, you seem to like shoujo alot^-^, broken angel tried to read the manga, but found all the blood and dead...stomach churning, poor dear.

Hellsing is fun. For me Alucard and Serus as charecters pretty much carried the series past its rather weak plot. Like other GONZO shows it relies on charecters and style over content. That said if you dont have anything more important to get I suppose its worth a try, it is almost worth it just to hear some of Alucards taunts.

As for violence , the anime itself is pretty violent I suppose , although not to the extent of some other titles by a long shot. Never really read the manga although flicking through it did seem to be more violent than the anime.

Hellsing has got to be one of the few new anime serie where i hate the english VAs. tho i watch it just becuase it was so funny.

Back