New Gundam Remake

Professor Irony

CYBER FUNKER
ANN said:
The August issue of Kadokawa Shoten's Monthly Gundam Ace magazine is announcing on Saturday that an anime project of Yoshikazu Yasuhiko's Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin manga is launching. The manga is itself a re-imagining of Yoshiyuki Tomino and Sunrise's first Mobile Suit Gundam anime project by the anime's character designer. Yasuhiko is ending the manga in the same August issue of Gundam Ace.

Yasuhiko launched the manga in Gundam Ace's inaugural issue in 2001. (The magazine is celebrating its 10th anniversary this month with the launch of a Mobile Suit Z Gundam manga by the anime's animation director Hiroyuki Kitazume.) Viz Media published part of the manga in North America.

Bandai Channel had revealed that another new Gundam project would be announced on Saturday.

Original article.

It's no great secret that I'm not a huge Gundam fan, but the idea of a modern remake for MS Gundam does intrigue me, if only so as I can finally get some idea of what the hell's actually going on in Zeta...

ANN said:
Yoshikazu Yasuhiko
ANN said:
Gundam: The Origin
ANN said:
This more than makes up for that "other" new Gundam. In fact, I'd say it calls for nothing short of an all-star Gundam singalong. It's fortunate, then, that such a thing exists.

<object width="480" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZwaQrjpp9HY?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZwaQrjpp9HY?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="390" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Whilst I think Age won't be that bad (especially if it uses the twist I think it's going to use) them announcing this to shut up the hardcore fans is probably the second best thing they could do.

The first being announcing it when age was announced to avoid this whole rigmarole.

Sparrowsabre7 said:
Char shoots first. I'm calling it now =P

Damn. Beat me to it.

As someone who recently bought the Gundam movies (still to watch it), and is a fan of MS Gundam, I'm having a hard time accepting that they'd remake the original AGAIN. What could possibly be the motivation behind this?

... that said, just the chance to see the real Char (Unicorn's version seems a dull mockery) animated in HD or some such is orgasmic.

VivisQueen said:
As someone who recently bought the Gundam movies (still to watch it), and is a fan of MS Gundam, I'm having a hard time accepting that they'd remake the original AGAIN. What could possibly be the motivation behind this?
The changes made to Tomino's original by Yas' manga (even if they aren't that major) are generally regarded as improvements. Much as I love UC Gundam, I always find myself picking holes. Personally I think it's a better idea to try and improve on MSG (certainly far from impossible) with it's classic and memorable Suits and characters than to churn out another formulaic clone.

Oooooooohhhhhh shiiiiiit.

When I read the title of the thread, I slammed on my Hater Hat to come in and moan (assuming it was just going to be a remake of the original anime) but this is great news!

I know at least one other person who would also be up for them announcing an anime of the "proper" Char's Counterattack novel next, while they're in this mood.

VivisQueen said:
Sparrowsabre7 said:
Char shoots first. I'm calling it now =P

Damn. Beat me to it.

... that said, just the chance to see the real Char (Unicorn's version seems a dull mockery) animated in HD or some such is orgasmic.

I remember watching the first of the movies at some showing at uni, i just remember some of the lines fired out being full of cheese, but that did add to the charm of them i think.

As for char, yeah, he will have shot first, end of. Too see how he translates into a HD version will be awesome. Same VA, or i ain't sold, hah.

I don't mind "The second coming of the red comet" in Unicorn, he has a decent enough character too him, but he will never be char, which i think is what they try to get over a little, or maybe that is just me.

Arbalest said:
Same VA, or i ain't sold, hah.
That's a point actually. I didn't think about that. Captain Bright just won't be his happy-slapping self without Hirotaka Suzuoki. :(

Gundam 0079 needs a remake. It was always terrible.

Also there's nothing in the announcement to say what the Origin project will be exactly, so don't be surprised when it turns out to be a compilation of key scenes in CGI or some other balls.

Back