New Ghibli short film

Mangaminx

Stand User
According to an update on nausicaa.net, Studio Ghibli (who are responsible for such famous anime films as Princess Mononoke and Spirited Away) will be releasing a short film theatrically on the 10th September in Japan. The short film is directed by Yoshiyuki Momose and is entitled "Sora Tobu Toshi Keikaku" (A Flying City Plan). The short film will be shown at screenings of the live action movie adaptation of anime series Touch. "A Flying City Plan" includes no dialogue and is set to music by "capsule".

Miyazaki did 'On your Mark' for a music video and i think there are one or two others that were done specially for the Ghibli Museum (i can't recall the titles off the top of my head i'm afraid). i'd like to see them as anthology on DVD, or as bonus films on one of the more major releases. they're not really long enough to be released individually really.

Concrete badger said:
Miyazaki did 'On your Mark' for a music video and i think there are one or two others that were done specially for the Ghibli Museum (i can't recall the titles off the top of my head i'm afraid). i'd like to see them as anthology on DVD, or as bonus films on one of the more major releases. they're not really long enough to be released individually really.

It's amazing how Miyazaki managed to pack more into that one 7-minute music video than most directors manage with a 2 hour movie.

Like you said though, I wouldn't mind an anthology release of all these shorts. If they released it at the same time as a major Ghibli release, it could have quite a good sales run.

Back