New Dark Horse Manga Guide + including Series Sales Figures

Neferpitou

Stand User
http://images.darkhorse.com/common/sale ... _Guide.pdf

Dark Horse Have produce really nice PDF guide for most of their current Manga property, which gives a little preview and extract on each of the Manga they are releasing. Its really worth a look but more interestingly it also includes the lifetime sales figures for all the Mangas listed.

Appleseed: vols 1–4, Appleseed: ID, Appleseed: Hypernotes
Sales: Series sales over 115,000

ASTRO BOY Volumes: 1–23
Sales: Over 150,000 copies sold

Berserk Volumes: 1–28 (ongoing series)
Sales: Over 500,000 copies sold

Blade of the Immortal Volumes: 1–20 (ongoing series)
Sales: Over 450,000 copies sold

Blood + Volumes: 1–5
Sales: First printing immediately sold out; over 18,000 copies sold in the first two weeks. Over
50,000 since first release in 2007.

Eden Volumes: 1–11 (ongoing series)
Sales: Over 40,000 copies sold

Gantz Volumes: 1–4 (ongoing series)
Sales: Over 25,000 sold since release in 2008.

GUNSMITH CATS (REVISED OMNIBUS EDITIONS) Volumes: 1–4

GUNSMITH CATS : BURST Volumes: 1–3 (ongoing series)
Sales: Over 25,000 copies sold

Hellsing Volumes: 1–9 (ongoing series)
Sales: Over 625,000 copies sold

KUROSAGI CORPSE DELIVERY SERVIcE Volumes: 1–8 (ongoing series)
Sales: Over 30,000 copies sold

Lone Wolf and Cub Volumes: 1–28
Sales: Over 1,000,000 copies sold, making it Dark Horse’s best-ever-selling manga title!

MPD - PSYCHO Volumes: 1–11 (ongoing series)
Sales: Over 40,000 copies sold

Oh My Goddess Volumes: 1–31 (ongoing series)
Sales: Over 450,000 copies sold

OLDBOY Volumes: 1–8
Sales: Over 60,000 copies sold

ORION Volumes: 1
Sales: Over 20,000 copies sold

PATH Of THE ASSASSIN Volumes: 1-15
Sales: Over 85,000 copies sold

SAMURAI EXECUTIONER Volumes: 1–10

TRANSLUCENT Volumes: 1–3 (ongoing series)
Sales: Over 25,000 copies sold. The first volume sold 18,000 copies in one month!

TRIGUN Volumes: 1–2
Sales: Over 200,000 copies sold! Dark Horse’s per-unit manga bestseller.

TRIGUN MAXIMUM Volumes: 1–14
Sales: Over 370,000 copies sold

That's really interesting. I'm surprised that Oldboy has relatively low sales (especially as it much higher profile than Eden which I know they considered very disappointing in terms of sales). There seems to be a very clear line between the smash hit series and the slower burners.

Glad to see some of my favourites have done well; it's not always easy to tell without figures.

R

If the first two Dirty Pair novels have sold over 5000 copies, what are they waiting for? Get the rest of them out! I presumed they had been halted due to low sales figures, but that sounds pretty respectable given the age of the title and the fact it ain't a manga. I was expecting it to be more like >1000.

Either way, they should be using all the money from the big sellers to prop up the niche titles that I like anyway. :p

CitizenGeek said:
I'm not sure if Astro Boy's sales are good or bad. It works out at about 6,500 copies per volume which seems kind of low :/
I'm surprised they've released all 23 volumes. I better get it purchasing it.

Oh... They are hard to get a hold off. The majority of the volumes currently out seem to be from an 2002 print. Not the 2008 one. Eh?

I really need to finish completing my Lone wolf, Path of the assasin & Samurai executioner sets. I have a stack of them in a comic box, pretty much just waiting to be read properly but me being me, I have to have a complete collection of something before reading or watching it thoroughly.

Can anyone recommend something else that's worth reading on the list?

I'm impressed they disclosed sales figures. Very interesting read.
They have some great series, I just wished they didn't charged for it like they do :p

Jayme said:
CitizenGeek said:
I'm not sure if Astro Boy's sales are good or bad. It works out at about 6,500 copies per volume which seems kind of low :/
I'm surprised they've released all 23 volumes. I better get it purchasing it.

Oh... They are hard to get a hold off. The majority of the volumes currently out seem to be from an 2002 print. Not the 2008 one. Eh?
I'll get another copy as well, just in case.
It's hard to say what is doing well or not, because it depends on what's their plans for a given series was. Considering they published over 20 volumes, I'd say they must be pretty happy with this series.

One series I love called Seraphic feather got cancelled by them when they were only 3 volumes from finishing it. I ended up buying the french version, which annoyed the hell out of me, considering how difficult it was for me to read it.

Another series they cancelled that I was following was narutaru, but I wasn't so concerned about getting this one though. Maybe someday...

Back