New Asian Cinema Film 4

Film 4 are showing a variety of asian films and whether your into anime or not you probably will like them from the trailer which is on tv and on their website. All of the films look good so I urge you to watch them as I will do cuz Iv'e only seen the death note films which is listed below. The ones underlind are for anime lovers and here is the schedule:

WED 11th - House Of Flying Daggers - 9:00
Martial arts thriller and moving love story, set in China in AD 859. Andy Lau and Takeshi Kaneshiro star with Zhang Ziyi. In Mandarin/subs. Violent scenes.

WED 11th - Ashes Of Time - 11:15
Redux version of Kar Wai Wong's tale of a disillusioned assassin running a lodging house for fellow hired killers. In Cantonese and Mandarin/subs. Violent scenes.

THUR 12th - Kamikaze Girls - 11:15
While selling her father's illicit t-shirts, a 17-year-old girl forms an unlikely friendship with a tough biker chick. In Japanese/subs. Strong language/violence.

FRI 13th - Death Note - 10:40
Shusuke Kaneko's manga-based horror in which a law student acquires a notebook that is capable of killing, if he writes a wrongdoer's name inside it. (Live Action)

FRI 13th - Death Note: The Last Name - 1:05
Shusuke Kaneko's sequel to Death Note has Light (Tatsuya Fujiwara), the originator of the original death notes, infiltrating the team investigating him.

SAT 14th - I'm A Cyborg But That's OK - 11:00
Park Chan-Wook's surreal rom-com stars Lim Su-jeong as a young woman who's convinced she's a cyborg. Institutionalised, she finds an unlikely lover in Jeong Ji-Hun.

SAT 14th - Ashes Of Time (Repeat) - 1:05

SUN 15th - Zatoichi - 11:20
Takeshi 'Beat' Kitano directs and stars in this martial arts adventure as Zatôichi, a blind master swordsman who fights for the oppressed. Violent scenes.

MON 16th - Memories Of Matsuko -11:15

Tetsuya Nakashima's film tells the story of Matsuko, seen in flashback as her nephew tracks the spiral of her tragic life.

TUE 17th - House Of Flying Daggers (Repeat) - 11:00

TUE 17th - Kamikaze Girls (Repeat) - 1:15

WED 18th - Tokyo Sonata - 10:40
Kiyoshi Kurosawa's moving drama tells the story of a family in crisis, with the salaryman father sacked but unable to tell his wife and children.

I like Kamikaze Girls, but I'm definitely recording Memories of Matsuko. Stupid UK DVD was letterbox w zoom unfriendly subs! I wound up importing Kamikaze Girls for much the same reason.

Well i'll give house of flying daggers a miss i've seen that to death, dunno if i want to watch the Death Note movie.
But i'm so watching Zatoichi, always wanted to see that, gotta love Film 4.

Zatoichi and I'm a cyborg are great movies IMO.
House of the Flying daggers is simply astonishing. The visuals are amazing and the fight scenes are great.

Watched and enjoyed House of Flying Daggers, Ashes of Time Redux, Zatoichi and Tokyo Sonata. In fact, I own every single one of those films on Blu-ray. Watched and didn't enjoy live action Death Note.

Will probably give Kamikaze Girls and I'm A Cyborg a go. I've never heard of Memories Of Matsuko, will look it up.

Back