21172465_500x500_1.jpg

The Girl Who Leapt Through Space : Volume 1
(RRP: £29.99)

51Xq9XRwY1L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Gundam 00 Season 2 Vol 3 of 3
(RRP: £34.99)

51RAZtEVS1L.jpg

Anime to be Released the Week After:
Shikabane Hime: Corpse Princess Part 2 of 2 (RRP: £24.99)

I just hope the last volume of Gundam 00 actually does make it out this time - no early pre-order dispatch for my copy yet though...?

I take it the other Beez releases are sub only?

Also, the week after date is 01/08/2011! :)

Play.com still lists Gundam 00 S2 Pt3 as being out on 30th May (Spoiler: It isn't out xD), Amazon has it listed as Monday. I guess Gundam 00 S2 Pt3 is the Duke Nukem Forever of anime.

Sound of the Sky does sound very interesting, but at that price...a blind buy doesn't seem realistic. Anyone know if it's any good?

Also, I want the new Yu-Gi-Oh! movie...I don't know why.

Ryu Shoji said:
Sound of the Sky does sound very interesting, but at that price...a blind buy doesn't seem realistic. Anyone know if it's any good?
It's supposed to be good. I've got the R1 version but haven't watched it yet. Which... isn't really all that helpful ^_^;

I wonder what the packaging is like for these releases. If they're the usual Beez chipboard digipacks that might push me into getting TGWLTS.

Ryu Shoji said:
Play.com still lists Gundam 00 S2 Pt3 as being out on 30th May (Spoiler: It isn't out xD), Amazon has it listed as Monday. I guess Gundam 00 S2 Pt3 is the Duke Nukem Forever of anime.

Blowing my own bugle... Sound of the Sky Review

Did we ever decide in the end which episodes are on this TGWLTS release after seeing the two conflicting sources? Might stick it on my next Amazon order.

R

Just Passing Through said:
Ryu Shoji said:

preordered based on this review
I trust the reviewer and it looks like my type of thing

fabricatedlunatic said:
Ryu Shoji said:
It's supposed to be good. I've got the R1 version but haven't watched it yet. Which... isn't really all that helpful ^_^;

I wonder what the packaging is like for these releases. If they're the usual Beez chipboard digipacks that might push me into getting TGWLTS.

I also own the R1 release of Sound of the Sky & like fabricatedlunatic I have yet to see it.

Some more reviews to go with Just Passing Through's,

http://www.uk-anime.net/anime/Sora_no_Woto.html
http://www.fandompost.com/2011/07/06/so ... vd-review/
http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/revie ... episodes-1

Reading those reviews, and looking at the staff list...this does seem like one that's worth a buy.

Thanks for the help guys.

Just Passing Through said:
Ryu Shoji said:

I'll forgive you for the reference because you've pursuaded me to buy it xD

EDIT: Just watched the first 2 episodes on Crunchyroll. 1) It's awesome, 2) That opening theme...beyond epic. 3) I've just bugged my Mum to give me back some of the money she owes me xD

Rob F1UK said:
I just hope the last volume of Gundam 00 actually does make it out this time - no early pre-order dispatch for my copy yet though...?

I take it the other Beez releases are sub only?

Also, the week after date is 01/08/2011! :)

I switched my Gundam 00 order over to Amazon, and this is now being prepared for dispatch, would would indicate it is indeed finally out tomorrow... :D

MikeP said:
I assume the second season of Gundam 00 never saw an artbox release.

The second season has been released in the same way as the first, i.e. three sets of 2 discs each, in Beez's typical artboxes.

The price of Sound of the Sky remains above the upper bound of funds with which I'm currently happy to impart, though an acquisition may be likely if the R1 or R2 release is subject to a special offer.

Rob F1UK said:
MikeP said:
I assume the second season of Gundam 00 never saw an artbox release.

The second season has been released in the same way as the first, i.e. three sets of 2 discs each, in Beez's typical artboxes.

The first season also had a limited edition of the first volume which came with an artbox to hold the entire series. I was asking if there was word of anything similar for season 2.

After bugging my older brother to let me use his card, as I'll have no money until tomorrow - I really am that impatient (if not for me lending all my money to Mum, I'd have ordered it on Saturday), I finally managed to order Sound of the Sky.

One thing did make me curious though; HMV have it as dispatching in 6-8 days, Amazon only had 1 left in stock last night (which has now gone to dispatching in 6-8 days), with Play.com being the only one who has any solid stock then. Does that mean that retailers weren't sent that many, or people just realised how awesome the show is?

im ok next week im going to order
sound of the sky
girl who lepted though space ( not sure if i should wait for the uncut version, i guess ill just wait til news reaches me about the uncut version, )
sekirei
black butler
high school of the dead
xamd 2
beyblade
nabari no ou 2

its always best to pre-order

animefreak17 said:
girl who lepted though time ( not sure if i should wait for the uncut version, i guess ill just wait til news reaches me about the uncut version, )
Who? What? Do we mean Space?

Ryu Shoji said:
One thing did make me curious though; HMV have it as dispatching in 6-8 days, Amazon only had 1 left in stock last night (which has now gone to dispatching in 6-8 days), with Play.com being the only one who has any solid stock then. Does that mean that retailers weren't sent that many, or people just realised how awesome the show is?

Yea sorry about that, I swiped the last one in stock :p

Back