New Anime Releases 20/12/2010: Bleach Complete Series 5

Neferpitou

Stand User
New Anime Releases For Monday:

Bleach: Complete Series 5 Box Set

(RRP: £34.99)

17454616x.jpg

Its a good thing that to save shelf space I made my own covers for Bleach, the sudden dropping of the until-now consistent cover style would have annoyed me...

Mine was dispatched this morning. I agree that I would have preferred some constistancy with the designs; however, I brought Season 4 as singles, so I already blown that xD

ColdCobra said:
Its a good thing that to save shelf space I made my own covers for Bleach, the sudden dropping of the until-now consistent cover style would have annoyed me...
megagold5 said:
I prefer this design, but I am I do likes me some consistency. :/
Comparing the UK Manga releases with the original French Kaze ones, it looks like they change style with every 'season', lasting roughly every 52 eps, first after series 3, then after series 5. The third season break is somewhere about US series 9(156) or 10(167) or JP series 8(167), due to Viz deciding to go to 11-13 episode series for some reason instead of the Japanese story-related breaks. (Myself, I hope Manga follows Japan/Kaze and not Viz/Madman. If they do follow Viz/Madman, this red box is the least of your worries in consistent packaging...)

The first season has the white covers on silver tins which Manga released, the next one having red covers on black tins, and then for the third changing to silver covers (no tins, they are probably digipacks? But I can't tell just from pictures).

The fact that Kaze released half-season tins means that Manga probably still had another two white covers they could've used, Byakuya and Hitsugaya. And if they're now skipping ahead 4 tins to the 9th cover, why didn't they skip ahead earlier and actually have more related characters on the UK sets, like say, Byakuya for series 3 or Ishida for series 4, instead preferring Urahara and Renji, who both were on the series 2 half-season sets in France.
Given that they've skipped ahead to the ninth Kaze cover, I guess it's likely they'll switch to silver covers for series 6 onward.:?
Or do they still have some more red covers to use up?:?

I've been thinking about ordering the French 7th and 8th tins to match the first two Manga tins I have, then fitting all of Manga's thinpacks for the first 5 series in the 4 tins altogether (should work if the French tins are the same size as English ones). Might wait to see what happens with Manga's series 6 though, as the French tins I can't find that cheap, ~£34 for 3 DVDs with amazon's discount, considering the most I paid for a Manga tin was £25, and I can't understand French or Dutch.

I agree; Season 3 being Byakuya (or even Hitsuguya :S) and Season 4 being Uryu would have made much more sense :S

I still prefer the white design...

Back