New Anime Releases 20/10/2014

Rui said:
Man, I want my copy of GL UE to hurry up and arrive so I can see whether mine sits at a jaunty angle too! I'm sure it's nothing a little glue and pressure won't fix but it's good to know that Andrew is getting mad at the production house on our behalf.

R

What I am doing is asking for replacement Digipacks (at the replicator's expense) to be prepared and fulfilled as required to those impacted as this isn't cool in my books and a replacement post haste is required even if it is fixable with some pressure - as self-assembly should not be required in the least!

I'm on it now anyway folks to dispense justice. Not saying Digifiles are likely in future too - just that it's one option to negate it, I'm just pondering the best way as I think an actual book instead of a booklet means a lot - it does to me anyway on an Ultimate...

AP

Mine has been signed for by a neighbour. Hope they don't steal it.

I'm with Andrew on this. A nice big book makes Everything seem a bit more special. Hopefully the guys producing the patema set learn from this. Still early Nov on that Andrew?

britguy said:
Mine has been signed for by a neighbour. Hope they don't steal it.

I'm with Andrew on this. A nice big book makes Everything seem a bit more special. Hopefully the guys producing the patema set learn from this. Still early Nov on that Andrew?
Mine was signed for by my neighbour. I was in at the time but they did not hang around or come to the side door like the Royal Mail delivery staff do.

My order from the AlltheAnime store has me completely confused.

Received email to reauthorise via Paypal around 3PM. I did this and sent payment via Paypal.
A few hours later got an email saying disregard previous and that I needed to authorise through Paypal but had an invoice attached.
Then received just a few moments ago another email that just shows my invoice.

Elaniel said:
My order from the AlltheAnime store has me completely confused.

Received email to reauthorise via Paypal around 3PM. I did this and sent payment via Paypal.
A few hours later got an email saying disregard previous and that I needed to authorise through Paypal but had an invoice attached.
Then received just a few moments ago another email that just shows my invoice.

Yep - the joy of hitting one button too quickly...

AP

Not interested in Devil Survivor 2.

Received Gurren Lagann UE last friday.

Will most likely pick up The Princess & The Pilot (Blu-ray) next week.

► ANIME LIMITED:
◄ Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann UE BD VERSUS Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann RE BD: My mind is completely throttled if it comes to this conundrum. I have touched the subject plenty of times in the past on the forum and on Twitter, I'm really completely lost if it comes to TTGL. I almost wish it never got licensed in the first place so I didn't have to deal with this headache. I just wanted the series and rigid packaging. *sad face*

Just to put it in retrospective I'm going to mention what the Ultimate Edition would cost at the very least for me including shipping to Belgium:
- Ultimate edition: UP1: £115+, Amazon: £112, Base: £111 , Zavvi: £90, A-O-L: £110+, Anime Ltd Shop: sold out.
- Regular edition : UP1: £48~ , Amazon: £47~, Base: £47~, Zavvi: £39, A-O-L: £47~, Anime Ltd Shop: £44~.

Zavvi is for both the most affordable option, and if I somehow can get a 20% off discount code I can get the UE for £72 which would be more affordable for me.
But Zavvi is not exactly known for their good packaging and if something can get dented it will likely get dented. (like shown by others on the forums)
Then on top of that there's the issue with the third tray. Not sure whether I would feel comfortable awaiting TTGL to arrive from Zavvi if I ordered it there.

The difference between Zavvi and the next cheapest retailer is a day and night difference, for both the regular and ultimate edition.
Some may wonder whether shipping costs are really that high, you guys' can check for yourself, but especially on UP1 it's ridiculous (£25+).

I may not want the movies and could do without the artbook, but I am still a huge fan of rigid packaging, obviously hardcore AUKN'rs know I said this dozens of times before but DRRR is by far my favourite Anime Ltd release.
But it simply wouldn't feel pleasing to get the series in barebones packaging. I understand the decision on Andrew's part, but this is pure hell on my side.
I'll probably think about it some more in the next 2 months, hoping an opportunity arises or perhaps some extra funds surface so I can afford purchasing the UE, preferably not via Zavvi though. =/

► MANGA ENTERTAINMENT:
◄ The Princess and The Pilot BD: If Manga decides to release the series on Blu-ray I'm more likely to order this movie.

► MVM ENTERTAINMENT:
◄ Devil Survivor 2: Unless MVM upgrade this to Blu-ray I won't consider buying this.

Rui said:
Princess and the Pilot at least has the advantage of being a standalone film so it might do a bit better, but I've seen absolutely zero promotion for it and already have the special edition from the US, so I'm not sure how much support it's going to get...
Is Princess and the Pilot really a standalone movie? Because according to my sources the series is a continuation of the movie, so I feel that if MangaUK doesn't announce they'll release the series it'd be pointless for me to buy this anime movie.

Agent-347 said:
Rui said:
Princess and the Pilot at least has the advantage of being a standalone film so it might do a bit better, but I've seen absolutely zero promotion for it and already have the special edition from the US, so I'm not sure how much support it's going to get...
Is Princess and the Pilot really a standalone movie? Because according to my sources the series is a continuation of the movie, so I feel that if MangaUK doesn't announce they'll release the series it'd be pointless for me to buy this anime movie.

It shares a setting with the television series but it stands alone just fine. I tried watching the television show on Crunchyroll when it was airing. Unfortunately, I found it terribly boring and dropped it early on, whereas I liked the movie ^^;

R

Rui said:
Agent-347 said:
Rui said:
It shares a setting with the television series but it stands alone just fine. I tried watching the television show on Crunchyroll when it was airing. Unfortunately, I found it terribly boring and dropped it early on, whereas I liked the movie ^^;

R
st_owly said:
They're more like 2 stories set in the same universe. The movie stands perfectly well on its own; the main characters are totally different in the TV series.
Hmmm... It sounds like a Black Rock Shooter kind of case... Where people often like one or the other but in most cases not both. (I liked the BRS series the most, but didn't hate the OVA)

The big difference with Black Rock Shooter would be that the anime series of The Princess and the Pilot is meant to a sequel but seems to fail at it from multiple perspectives.
Any more thoughts from other people? (If people feel it'd be more appropriate to talk about it in the anime discussion section I'm up to read about it. No promises though. The attempts to convince me to not be hyped for Psychic School Wars failed also. xP)

Even if I decided to solely get the movie it'd just join the queue of backlog titles I need to pick up given some other stuff has priority.
Prioritized titles include Blood-C The Last Dark, Blue Exorcist part 2 (I feel ashamed I have pushed this back this far already), Fate/Zero part 2 and the Perfect Blue CE.
But that doesn't mean I don't appreciate feedback and replies to my comments. ^_^ (It indicates somebody actually read what I wrote which somehow feels soothing)

The series is set some years after the movie (50 or so IIRC), hence why the main characters are different. That's the only way in which it's a sequel, really. FWIW, I liked the movie better, but I did watch the entire TV series and enjoyed it. I wouldn't watch it again in a hurry though.

Back