New Anime Releases 20/10/2014

Still waiting for Amazon to dispatch my copy of GL.

Not buying it yet, but will be interested to see how the Princess and the Pilot does as it feels like a bit of a test case for Manga. I hope it doesn't do too badly, as it might put them off doing future sub-only/film releases.

No interest in Devil Survivor or Princess and the Pilot (saw on Netflix - didn't like it).

Gurren Lagann Ultimate edition should (hopefully) be sent by Anime Limited Monday.

Gurren Lagann is on it's way.

Sadly this is a copy for a friend as I had planned to get the standard edition as I hadn't seen it before (Well, saw one episode and someone ruined it for me, so I never finished it). But, I'm so very tempted to cancel it and pick up the UE at the end of the year instead....

Will put Princes and the Pilot on my Birthday/Christmas list.

animefreak17 said:
Sure cost alot at up1 up get it when the price gose down.

Up get the rest tho

If your referring to the Gurren Lagann ultimate edition it's more likely it'll sell out before the prices drops as they already had 60%+ of the stock taken via pre-order.

UP1 are actually very competitive on price at £89.99 compared to Amazon's current £108, Amazon's best was £84.27

My ultimate edition shipped yesterday, looks like I opted for 1st class delivery back when I put in the order over super saver (though I've only been charged £1.24 postage and that seems too cheap for 1st class)

Rosencrantz said:
animefreak17 said:
Sure cost alot at up1 up get it when the price gose down.

Up get the rest tho

If your referring to the Gurren Lagann ultimate edition it's more likely it'll sell out before the prices drops as they already had 60%+ of the stock taken via pre-order.

UP1 are actually very competitive on price at £89.99 compared to Amazon's current £108, Amazon's best was £84.27

My ultimate edition shipped yesterday, looks like I opted for 1st class delivery back when I put in the order over super saver (though I've only been charged £1.24 postage and that seems too cheap for 1st class)

Well I guess il be getting it

Gurren Lagann Ultimate Edition has been dispatched - £80.06! Well done Amazon.

Princess and the Pilot I will get the NIS version because their set looks cool.

Devil Survivor 2 is getting a Blu-ray in the US sometime (not dated but planned) so I'll wait.

Princess BD is in the post from Base.
I'll get GL standard BD at some point. I've never seen it before so I won't get the UE just in case I don't like it, £100 would be a big gamble.
No interest in Devil Survivor.

I hadn't actually noticed this until now since I haven't looked at the movie discs. Let's play a game of spot the error.

43dfGhW.jpg

Yeah... That's really going to bug me. It's not even stuck down properly. I love the packaging design, but with the disc defects and my bad luck here I kind of wish I'd just bought the standard edition or not at all.

The whole disc holder assembly is the only thing I really don't like about the set. Having seen that image I just checked mine and the same holder was completely slanted.

The glue simply isn't up to the task, and I'm pretty sure it wasn't slanted when I first got it on Friday. Not impressed at all with the disc assembly, there are much better options that could have been used that are of a more premium quality.

That plastic holder in question can be easily removed/maneuvered, so I've fixed mine, but don't think it will hold

I guess the packaging might have damaged the set (if it was sent from Zavvi I'm not surprised, apparently they aren't good in terms of deliveries).

But seriously though, that just feels cheap (unless it was a one-off). I hope Anime Limited will try and improve on this situation (maybe 18x21 might be a bad idea after all...).

Back