(RRP: £39.99)

16146809x.jpg

(Re-Release) Black Cat: Complete Collection

16143086x.jpg

(Re-Release) Trigun: Complete Collection

16145044x.jpg

Love Hina: Collection (Including Xmas & Spring Specials)

(RRP: £24.99)

16147446x.jpg

I was pleased to hear the counter staff in HMV (where I went to pick up my horribly dubbed English version of Basara 3) remind me upon checkout that the anime was coming soon too. I've already got my US copy though - blu-ray regioning issues strike once again :s

Looking forward to DRRR!! very soon on one of these lists!

R

Sengoku and Love Hina are both possibilites for me here. Thats a very reasonable price for Love Hina including the specials. (Although I'm pretty sure the RRP is 39.99 and shops are selling it at about 29.99).

well I could think about Love Hina, so I can get rid of my single german DVDs, but without Again I don't want it (or is there a again boxset?)
and second, the cover is just extremely bad. they never wear those clothes and they give a totaly wrong image of the show.

but will buy Basara on BD. but probably not this year

Given that I keep hearing wonderful things about Sengoku Basara, and that my anime collection sorely needs a bit of variety in it (It's almost exclusively sci-fi) that's a must-have for me.

Trigun's another biggie. I shall start squirrelling dough away now...

Shadowguy said:
well I could think about Love Hina, so I can get rid of my single german DVDs, but without Again I don't want it (or is there a again boxset?)
and second, the cover is just extremely bad. they never wear those clothes and they give a totaly wrong image of the show.

but will buy Basara on BD. but probably not this year

Thats a good point, forgot about Again....Hmmm....

mangaman74 said:
HMV have already shipped my copy of Sengoku Basara (bluray).

Mine to they shipped in on thursday im hoping it turns up tomorrow as i can't wait to watch it =3

out of the others i already own black cat and trinity blood, love hina doesn't do it for me but i still haven't gotten around to get trigun yet

Rui said:
I was pleased to hear the counter staff in HMV (where I went to pick up my horribly dubbed English version of Basara 3)
Hmm, this is actually quite cheap... but I really don't want any part of the horrible English dub. :-/

I got my Basara in the post this morning. I've been looking forward to it, as it seems so over-the-top, much like the games. Good to have a bit of fun with it.

I want Trigun at some point as well, but that'll have to wait. From now on its all birthday presents, Christmas presents and a wedding present.... *sigh*... my poor wallet :(

Can anyone who bought the Sengoku Basara Blu-ray check the extras please?

In the US, Funimation gave the Blu-ray more extra features, 7 Mini-Basara episodes running to a total of aroun 45 minutes, as opposed to the 3 mini-Basara episodes on the DVD (20 mins).

Did Manga do the same here. I've seen the DVD and it only has the three episodes on it here.

Im looking at the back of the box now and extra features include
-new anime "sengoku basara chosobkabe motchika-kun and more-kun
-textless open and closing song

It says the special feature running time is 20mins

Im guessing it just the 3 eps mini series instead of the 7 then like the dvd.

Aww that sucks why couldn't they dont the same as the US version

Only three episodes were passed by the BBFC.

But that is odd. Manga usually get their masters for Blu-ray from Funimation, and that means that Funimation shelled out to remove four episodes of Mini-Basara from the disc, rather than just give Manga the existing master. It might be worth playing it to check.

But it doesn't bode well for Eden of the East, as the US Blu-ray has three interviews in the extras more than the US DVD.

Stuart-says-yes said:
I noticed on amazon that Sengoku Basara on BD seems to have gone on back order of 4 to 7 weeks?

Can we assume the BD has sold well then or is amazon just being an **** about there stock levels.

It only seems to be amazon that has in on back order both HMV and PLAY have in stock, maybe amazon just didn't get as many....prehaps o.0

Just Passing Through said:

But that is odd. Manga usually get their masters for Blu-ray from Funimation, and that means that Funimation shelled out to remove four episodes of Mini-Basara from the disc, rather than just give Manga the existing master. It might be worth playing it to check.

But it doesn't bode well for Eden of the East, as the US Blu-ray has three interviews in the extras more than the US DVD.

Stupid BBFC seriously what could have been so bad in the other 4 that it wouldn't make it through, seems strange that funi would pay out to have something taken out. Im going to have a look at the disc now and see what they are ~turns on ps3~

Ok ive had a look and ive got the screen up now the extras are -

-textless openeing
-textless closing
-sengoku basara: samurai kings game trailer
-new anime "sengoku basara chosokabe motochika-kun and mori-kun" Episode 1 to 7

so there are all 7 eps so it is the same as the US version just the back of the box says that the sepcial feature time is 20mins instead of the 45 you said the US states

Aya-Kun said:
Just Passing Through said:

Stupid BBFC seriously what could have been so bad in the other 4 that it wouldn't make it through, seems strange that funi would pay out to have something taken out. Im going to have a look at the disc now and see what they are ~turns on ps3~

Ok ive had a look and ive got the screen up now the extras are -

-textless openeing
-textless closing
-sengoku basara: samurai kings game trailer
-new anime "sengoku basara chosokabe motochika-kun and mori-kun" Episode 1 to 7

so there are all 7 eps so it is the same as the US version just the back of the box says that the sepcial feature time is 20mins instead of the 45 you said the US states

Brilliant! Just erroneous packaging then, and maybe an oversight at the BBFC. When it comes to Funimation and Blu-rays we basically get the US disc, so it would be a waste of money to take stuff out.

Aya-Kun said:
Stuart-says-yes said:
I noticed on amazon that Sengoku Basara on BD seems to have gone on back order of 4 to 7 weeks?

Can we assume the BD has sold well then or is amazon just being an **** about there stock levels.

It only seems to be amazon that has in on back order both HMV and PLAY have in stock, maybe amazon just didn't get as many....prehaps o.0
afaik, Amazon are unlikely to have received less stock, just more likely to have sold a larger number of copies.

Back