New Anime Releases 09/02/2014

I'm torn over garden of words. Id like to buy it but I might just wait for the eventual shinkai collection seeing as this is just a bare bones release.

britguy said:
I'm torn over garden of words. Id like to buy it but I might just wait for the eventual shinkai collection seeing as this is just a bare bones release.

It's barebones in terms of packaging. In terms of extras it's just like the US release.

May pick up Garden of Words, although I will most likely wait and get the Shinkai Collection when it's released.

Dusk Maiden I already own sentai's blu-ray and I have no interest in Naruto.

Just Passing Through said:
It's barebones in terms of packaging. In terms of extras it's just like the US release.
You mean it's just a plastic case? I assumed, with a retail price of £20 for a 46 minute film, it would have the same packaging as Cowboy Bebop/Perfect Blue. I wouldn't have bought it otherwise, as the film's a snorefest :-\

fabricatedlunatic said:
Just Passing Through said:
You mean it's just a plastic case? I assumed, with a retail price of £20 for a 46 minute film, it would have the same packaging as Cowboy Bebop/Perfect Blue. I wouldn't have bought it otherwise, as the film's a snorefest :-\

I don't know what the actual container will be like, but if you're expecting an artbook and/or postcards then no... I'm sure I read somewhere that it's a simple Blu-ray case, or DVD case as the case(s) may be. Still, respect is due to someone who buys a snoozefest of of a film simply because it comes in a pretty box.

Well, there's the pretty pictures as well. I'm a sucker for pretty pictures. But Garden of Words in standard packaging = sale fodder. The packaging is the only reason I spent £20 on Perfect Blue, as much as I love the film, with picture quality that ropey.

I'm assuming you have the disc for reviewing. If so, can you tell me if it uses Sentai's materials? Yellow subtitles that take up a quarter of the screen and all?

2. It’s 46 minutes long, why are you packing it into a Manga-esque standard edition instead of an insane deluxe edition?
Think that is pretty clear not to expect anything special in terms of packaging.

I'll be getting Dusk in the next few weeks. Possible purchase for Garden of Words in the future.

fabricatedlunatic said:
Well, there's the pretty pictures as well. I'm a sucker for pretty pictures. But Garden of Words in standard packaging = sale fodder. The packaging is the only reason I spent £20 on Perfect Blue, as much as I love the film, with picture quality that ropey.

I'm assuming you have the disc for reviewing. If so, can you tell me if it uses Sentai's materials? Yellow subtitles that take up a quarter of the screen and all?

Small white subs...

Dusk Maiden is in the post.
Garden can wait until the Shinkai Collection is released.
Never watched Naruto, and I don't intend to start now.

Back