Neon Genesis Evangelion: Which set?!?

Maltos

Stand User
I've been looking around and thinking about watching Evangelion when i get some money shortly after christmas. But looking around i'm totally lost on which box set to get. I'll just list the main ones i've been looking at:

Neon Genesis Evangelion Premium Collection

Neon Genesis Evangelion Platinum: Perfect Collection

Neon Genesis Evangelion - Perfect Collection

Neon Genesis Evangelion: Platinum Collection (REGION 1)

I love box sets and the collectables but the one set seems to be unavailabe and the other one is not yet been produced.

I just need to know really what is the best box set in terms of quality and extras and such.

Thanks
Maltos

XnickX said:
Just buy the updated ones don't waste 100 quid on platinum etc etc

I think the newest one is the platinum perfect collection. I like the tin very much but it's not available yet. I've signed up to be alerted when it availble though.

Maltos said:
XnickX said:
Just buy the updated ones don't waste 100 quid on platinum etc etc

I think the newest one is the platinum perfect collection. I like the tin very much but it's not available yet. I've signed up to be alerted when it availble though.

It was available, Last year or something, In Europe. Its being released in the US now.

I've got the thingy, got it christmas last year, its quite good although I haven't watched through all of it yet because I got a little side tracked and never went back to it, plan to watch it again in the future though, its a nice series. The set comes in a tin, you got a little booklet that features information on the angels and evas, you get a lot of commentaries and a glossary/time line which is useful for making sense of some of the more confusing things.
You get 7 dvds that are stored in a little bound thing that folds out. All dvds have episodes on them, with some further commentaries so there isn't a special edition dvd that stores all the extras. Some of the episodes are repeated (some are OC and some are DC, I don't know what that means if someone could lend me a hand here) and there are extra scenes if I remember correctly, "Extra: Full length cinematic for episode 23" .etc

I don't have the dvd volumes so I can't vouch for them and I don't know what extras are in there or how much it all costs, it all depends on if you want to pay extra for the added stuff in the collectors tin.

I would recommend you watch evangelion, it is certainly something different, I really enjoyed it but had to look at wiki and this booklet I got to fully understand everything. Some episodes can be a little slow in my opinion but others more than make up for it. I'm terrible at telling a story without spoiling it so: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neon_genesis_evangelion
It may not be everyones cup of tea, but I recommend you give it a look.

http://forums.animeuknews.net/viewtopic.php?t=7086

Back