Neon Genesis Evangelion - Blu-Ray edition

Lutga

Mad Scientist
I'm not sure I could justify buying something that didn't even have English subs on it - yes, it might mean getting the content earlier than an English release but I don't see the point if you can't understand it?

ayase

State Alchemist
Lutga said:
I'm not sure I could justify buying something that didn't even have English subs on it - yes, it might mean getting the content earlier than an English release but I don't see the point if you can't understand it?
Spoilers: ilmaestro can understand it.

Last edited by a moderator:

ilmaestro

State Alchemist
Heh.

Even if that weren't the case, I think there is a solid argument for buying it anyway (if you can afford it) in the case of a show you've seen multiple times previously.

Mangaranga

Za Warudo
I may actually order this even if it doesn't have Dub/Sub options. Worst case scenario I rip the transport streams and create MKVs with EngSub/EngDub added. I've already did something similar with Gargantia.

qaiz

Pokémon Master
Evangelion Blu-ray box:

Evangelion DVD Box:
Eva (re-)master situation:
  • TV 1-15/17-26 is a new telecine from 16mm film.
  • TV 16 - Upscale from SD master
  • Death/Rebirth: Film from opening day. Noise present in some parts.
  • End of Evangelion: Choose between film from preview screening or with "Love & Pop" afterwards

Archive DVD-Box:
  • TV 1-26: Original masters. Noise present in some parts.

Robin91

Completely Average High School Student
Sorry for resurrecting such an old thread but after the last rebuild movie comes out later this year, do you think there's a chance that we finally can get a blu ray release that's not from Japan? 😊🤩

That's my dream release 🤩