Neon Genesis Evangelion - Blu-Ray edition

I'm not sure I could justify buying something that didn't even have English subs on it - yes, it might mean getting the content earlier than an English release but I don't see the point if you can't understand it?

Lutga said:
I'm not sure I could justify buying something that didn't even have English subs on it - yes, it might mean getting the content earlier than an English release but I don't see the point if you can't understand it?
Spoilers: ilmaestro can understand it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Heh.

Even if that weren't the case, I think there is a solid argument for buying it anyway (if you can afford it) in the case of a show you've seen multiple times previously.

I may actually order this even if it doesn't have Dub/Sub options. Worst case scenario I rip the transport streams and create MKVs with EngSub/EngDub added. I've already did something similar with Gargantia.

Evangelion Blu-ray box:
GIzAAT2.jpg

Evangelion DVD Box:
LmC166H.jpg

Eva (re-)master situation:
  • TV 1-15/17-26 is a new telecine from 16mm film.
  • TV 16 - Upscale from SD master
  • Death/Rebirth: Film from opening day. Noise present in some parts.
  • End of Evangelion: Choose between film from preview screening or with "Love & Pop" afterwards

Archive DVD-Box:
  • TV 1-26: Original masters. Noise present in some parts.

Sorry for resurrecting such an old thread but after the last rebuild movie comes out later this year, do you think there's a chance that we finally can get a blu ray release that's not from Japan? 😊🤩

That's my dream release 🤩

Back