NEO Magazine Prepares for 100th Issue

Ian Wolf

Harem King
AUKN Staff
Anime magazine <em>NEO</em> is preparing for the release of its 100th issue later this year.
With issue 97 coming out on Thursday 19th April, the 100th issue is expected to come out on Thursday 12th July.

As the milestone approaches <em>NEO</em> has been making some substantial changes, mainly to its website which redesigned, as well as increasing its profile with social networking websites such as Twitter, Facebook and Tumblr.

In a press release, <em>NEO</em>'s editor Gemma Cox said: "We've been working away behind the scenes to transform <em>NEO</em>'s website into the essential, one stop shop for all your east Asian entertainment needs! Expect exclusive daily updates for the site, which features anime and manga, Asian film, lifestyle and games sections, including news, reviews, features and trailers.

"We've also got information about how to interact with the magazine and see your work and comments printed in the next issue, plus handy feeds from our Twitter and Facebook profiles. Plus, you can now even download digital copies directly from the site, too!

"We're planning on running plenty of competitions online in the near future - so make sure to visit <em>NEO</em>'s homepage, where we'll be posting information about contests, and to check out the Twitter and Facebook feeds, which will also feature exclusive competitions!"

One possible reason for the revamp, other than the arrival of the 100th issue, is the excepted rivalry due to come from a new anime magazine, <em>MyM</em>, whose first issue comes out on 3rd May.
<a href="http://www.neomag.co.uk/">NEO Magazine homepage</a>
<a href="https://www.facebook.com/neomagazineuk">Facebook</a>
<a href="https://twitter.com/#!/neo_magazine">Twitter</a>
<a href="http://neomagazine.tumblr.com/">Tumblr</a>

Concerning this story, the main area of interest for me is that the 12th July, the date which the 100th issue is meant to be released, is my birthday, which is slightly pleasing in a way.

Impressive, I would have given them 10 issues, not 100, so kudos to the people involved for turning it into a success.

Ian Wolf said:
Concerning this story, the main area of interest for me is that the 12th July, the date which the 100th issue is meant to be released, is my birthday, which is slightly pleasing in a way.

'Tis a bad omen I say, a very bad omen....... :p

I thought I was the only person who thought this mag was a pile of badly written moe trash. I still can't get over it surviving for 100 issues, as I remember seeing the first few issues sold in hmv a few years ago and thinking to myself that I wouldnt have any staying power then!

Must be all the naruto and bleach fans still attracted to it and their promotions at differernt events.

seen like 3 copies and i didnt like reading it so never got anymore. would rather they focused more on other series rather than just stuff getting a release.. and i remember there awards they were having. bumped One Piece completley despite the fact It was or just had its speed up >.< so yea.. Thought it was bad they never put it up as an option or in the game award

I have never been attracted to Neo (bought it once just after it started, never felt the need to buy it again) but it didn't strike me as 'moe' trash particularly :s

I'm glad it exists though for its demographic. In the old days, magazines were a lifeline in my small town for getting information, not to mention fun to read on the bus to school. I wonder if it will happily coexist with MyM.

R

Rui said:
I have never been attracted to Neo (bought it once just after it started, never felt the need to buy it again) but it didn't strike me as 'moe' trash particularly :s

I'm glad it exists though for its demographic. In the old days, magazines were a lifeline in my small town for getting information, not to mention fun to read on the bus to school. I wonder if it will happily coexist with MyM.

R

Yep, as much as I personally dislike the Neo, I can see how some younger anime audiences might appreciate it. Though, it has been a little 'moe' centric in the issue's that I have shamefullly bought, but that's probably more to with the fact that majority of the shows being released these days are 'moe' centric.

I've subscribed since issue 01, and recently it has been only depressing me since I last subscribed as every month I'm noticing more and more otaku fodder and less and less what I would call "decent quality" anime getting UK release. :cry:

I actually like Neo...it's obviously targetted at 14-year-old girls who set their last name as "Uchicha" on Facebook and use smilies like :3, but it's still something kinda nice to flick through.

Useful for knowing when the next moe series is out too. >_>

Back