Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 - Anyone own it ?

Mo3ooo

Completely Average High School Student
Does anyone here own Naruto UNS2 ?

If so what rank are you ? (Online)

How far you in the Story Mode ?

Favourite Characters ?

What do you love/hate about the game ?

Well let me start this off,

I'm a ANBU Black Ops

Completed the story, done the Cursed Dolls/ton ton pearls mission

My favourite character has to be Neji, Sasuke ( Kirin ), Gaara, Suigetsu. What I really hate about the game is how cheap people are online, the way they choose Minato or SM Naruto and spam Rasengan

:evil:

PSN - HEIGHTZ_94

I own it on PS3 so feel free to add if you want a match

waiting for the end of the month, as soon as I can, I'm buying it and going to allow it to take over my time in the week. I've heard that the game is similar to the first, but instead of running round konoha, you can roam the ninja world. Would you be able write a mini review on the game? (as you've completed it)

ilmaestro said:
If Ryo_Chan doesn't find this thread on his own, I'll be sure to direct him here, he's been playing the game a fair bit I think.
Not really. He's played the story up to Hebi arc, and played against me a few times...

All the online and offline fights and characters (post-Chiyo/Artists characters) were gained by me.

So I will add my one to the list (On XBOX 360):
Rank - 3rd one up (Trainee?)
Story - Ryo = Hebi arc, me = yet to play, waiting for 1st completion.
Fav characters (game) - Kiba, Jiraiya, Hinata.
Fav team - Sasuke (Taka)/Itachi (Broverly Love), or Kiba/Deidara/Pain.

Love game - I enjoyed the fighting system, with a good choice of actions to do, from the simple attacks+specials, to using items + team sacrifice in special.
Hate game - It takes ages to play online games, especially looking/waiting for opponants.

What did it actually add to the first? I played the demo, and it was like, exactly the same as the first game. A new location to go along with those new threads might have done some wonders.

I played the demo and decided that maybe it's better for me to watch Shippuden before I purchase the game, I'd ruined parts of the original series by playing 'Rise of a ninja' and 'the broken bond' before I'd seen the story in the anime.

Chaz said:
ilmaestro said:
If Ryo_Chan doesn't find this thread on his own, I'll be sure to direct him here, he's been playing the game a fair bit I think.
Not really. He's played the story up to Hebi arc, and played against me a few times...
Hah, the way he keeps banging on about it in chat I thought he was properly rinsing it!

Tachi- said:
waiting for the end of the month, as soon as I can, I'm buying it and going to allow it to take over my time in the week. I've heard that the game is similar to the first, but instead of running round konoha, you can roam the ninja world. Would you be able write a mini review on the game? (as you've completed it)

Well, it is similar to the first, however there a few changes to the gameplay, you don't need to enter commands for your Ultimate jutsu, Support characters are much more involved in a battle, they can either sacrifice themselves to prevent you from getting hit by a Ultimate Jutsu or they can fight alongside you. Story mode's different, Background's 2-D with a fixed camera ( free in some areas ), Boss Battles are much better as they have interactive cutscenes in between them. Exploring is good but it's not as free as STORM 1 ( you can't dash ) . Online play is good, hard to find players at times ( but you can make a session instead ) , you can do ranked or just a normal match ( Private also ). It's a really good game especially if you're a naruto fan so I advise you to get it !

Hope that helps !

:D

Mo3ooo said:
Well, it is similar to the first, however there a few changes to the gameplay, you don't need to enter commands for your Ultimate jutsu, Support characters are much more involved in a battle, they can either sacrifice themselves to prevent you from getting hit by a Ultimate Jutsu or they can fight alongside you. Story mode's different, Background's 2-D with a fixed camera ( free in some areas ), Boss Battles are much better as they have interactive cutscenes in between them. Exploring is good but it's not as free as STORM 1 ( you can't dash ) . Online play is good, hard to find players at times ( but you can make a session instead ) , you can do ranked or just a normal match ( Private also ). It's a really good game especially if you're a naruto fan so I advise you to get it !

Hope that helps !
:D

Mo3ooo has describe the gameplay damn well. As for how it compares to Broken Bond etc. There really isn't much in terms of exploration through the story mode. I loved the exploration factor of games like Broken Bond but I got used to the new set-up and enjoy it for what it is. I really liked the used of hand drawn backgrounds. I also really enjoy a lot of the background music too.

For those who haven't played either of the Ninja Storms:

The fighting system is very different compared to Broken Bond. Combos are pretty much non-existent here but the emphasis is a lot more on team battles, tactics (in terms of combining attacks and using support characters at the correct time and other mechanics)and timing. Jutsus are pulled off more simply and there isn't different levels like there is in Broken Bond. Overall it's a different experience but I love them both. I wouldn't mind seeing if it's possible to somehow combine both battle systems in some way!

If you like your exploration though, stick to Broken Bond.

Does anyone here own Naruto UNS2 ? I do :D

If so what rank are you ? (Online) Genin (I'm not one for online gaming)

How far you in the Story Mode ? Completed EVERYTHING (including all requests etc)

Favourite Characters ? Taka Sasuke, Yondaime and Kakashi.

What do you love/hate about the game ? Love: Pretty much everything. Hate: Everybody online is a cheap loser who plays as Sage Naruto and spams Rasengan Barrage making it difficult to even get a hit in.

I have it for the 360.

I'm not a decent rank online, only played one match. I'm not really a fan of fighting games online.

I've completed the story. I also completed fragment, the trials, pearls, cursed dolls and ninja battle tools.

My favourite character to fight with is Konan. With her I use Pein for offensive support and Sai for defence.

I love everything except the roaming. I prefer the total free-roam that Broken Bond had. Having a set path to follow through the village, not being able to jump on top of buildings and ninja off where I please feels restricting but it's still an epic game nontheless.

Cathe said:
I love everything except the roaming. I prefer the total free-roam that Broken Bond had. Having a set path to follow through the village, not being able to jump on top of buildings and ninja off where I please feels restricting but it's still an epic game nontheless.

completely agree

Still loving naruto shippuden storm 2. completed the Itachi v Sasuke "arch" :) got every main "boss" fight at S rank. until Itachi...bloody Sousanoo took too much of my health and the reactions time to gain stars is much shorter.

Fought and won a fair few ranked matches aswell. only problems i've had where idiots using hokage naruto. people spam minato aswell. but as i've learnt, naruto shuriken rasengan makes short work of minato

on chapter 6 now.

Can we all add our psn addys for AUKN naruto battle sessions :p
i'm Z4C-22

Wish I had more time to play this, unfortunately it came out at the worst time possible, right as I started University. Thus, I have only just finished chapter 5. Once Uni is over in Dec, I shall be all over dat shiz though...

I must say though, my most major disappointment would be the lack of awesome cinematic Ultimate Jutsu, makes me sad face. :(

megagold5 said:
I must say though, my most major disappointment would be the lack of awesome cinematic Ultimate Jutsu, makes me sad face. :(

Ah yes. I unfortunately couldn't play Storm 1, so I was looking forward to seeing some over the top Ultimate Jutsu and I was crushingly disapointed by the lack of effort they put into them.

Right now I'm taking me time to get the platinum trophy, All I need to do is get every title in the game and I'm done :D

Rank - haven't played much online i think i'm a Trainee
Story-Chapter 4 i think,chapter when naruto turns into Four-Tailed fox
Fav characters -Asuma Sarutobi is a true bro and has Trench Knives that turn into lightsabers and i use Hinata Hyūga
Fav team -Asuma Sarutobi with Kakuzu or sasuke

and if you wanna add me PSN:VIZARDKING

Back