Naruto UK DVD details and cover-art

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
<p>Manga UK have sent through their press release (including the DVD cover-art) for the first volume of Naruto.</p>
"The three-disc NARUTO UNLEASHED - SERIES 1: VOLUME 1 (cert. 12) will be released on DVD by Manga Entertainment on 21st August 2006. Special Features include: dual language format (English dub and original Japanese); optional English subtitles; storyboard booklet; textless opening and closing credits; limited edition slipcover."
<p><a href="http://www.animeuknews.net/viewpress.php?showarticle=103">Click here to read the full press release.</a></p>

Well i can't say i'm too happy about the 'including scenes not shown on tv' bit, but still.. it's Naruto... on dvd... uncut... what more could i ask for? Thanks Manga!

Well, if it's uncut it sells, and people don't know about it, fans who don't have the internet or who don't look it up. Plus it comes out after the TV release and people knowledgeable enough to know it isn't uncut can buy it when they see it in stores uncut and think "Ooo, uncut Naruto, nice." or if it was me "Uncut Naruto, FTW. <3 Manga."

Haven't watched any Naruto and haven't got cable, so this will probably be an interesting introduction to the series for me.

So is this 13 episodes then? It says Series 1, volume 1, so I presume that's the case, similar to the Robotech release. Good thing about that is that if it's popular enough like the Robotech release, it ought to drop in price to something like £8 as well, which is pretty good for 13 episodes. £16 for a series is better than you're likely to find elsewhere, especially considering it's also unedited and with Japanese and English tracks.

i feel bad having pre-ordered the R1 version months ago (for the special edition version, yes i really like naruto hehe)
but this is still good news for the UK market.
i cant remember the last time something big like this has come out to the UK market.

subedii said:
So is this 13 episodes then? It says Series 1, volume 1, so I presume that's the case, similar to the Robotech release.
It says so in the press release:
Press Release said:
Manga Entertainment's release of NARUTO UNLEASHED - SERIES 1: VOLUME 1 on DVD, featuring the first fully uncut 13 episodes

Do we know if they're including the original opening and ending, or the gahstly edited one that was showcased at MCM expo may 06?

Lerion said:
Do we know if they're including the original opening and ending, or the gahstly edited one that was showcased at MCM expo may 06?
It is uncut so I would suggest the original would be there, possibly both, which is entirely possible with DVD and alternate angles and such.

It's not like the intro and outro are good anyway. >_>

The only notable good ones are Haruka Kanata and GO!!! oh and Viva-Rock Japanese-side.

Rukario said:

The only notable good ones are Haruka Kanata and GO!!! oh and Viva-Rock Japanese-side.

Well, that opinion is certainly different...

Rukario said:

Are you kidding me? Wind is a great song! <3 Akeboshi

Anyways this is brilliant news, I'll buy this for sure :3 Hopefully Virgin Megastores gets it.

Broleta said:
Rukario said:

Anyways this is brilliant news, I'll buy this for sure :3 Hopefully Virgin Megastores gets it.

exactly, Wind, Alive, Kanashimi wo Yasashisa Ni and many of the other intro-outrto's were great in naruto
-OH GOD, why wont the fillers end, at least let it pick back up on episode 199or200-

Ninja Boy! said:
Broleta said:
Rukario said:

exactly, Wind, Alive, Kanashimi wo Yasashisa Ni and many of the other intro-outrto's were great in naruto
-OH GOD, why wont the fillers end, at least let it pick back up on episode 199or200-
Wind was ok, I'm not really sure how to rate the other too. Oh and the filler won't end because God hates you... joke. The manga needs to progress even more probably, that or the Naruto director hates the fans. XP

I got this in the post a few days ago and
i just wrote a review for this for this forum! since i thought there may be some users quite curious as to how it is and such.
it can be found in the Anime Recommendations & Views section.
it took me a really long time to do this, and i would be glad to see some possitive comments, views and questions on the subject.

Back