Naruto, Paranoia Agent, Prince Of Tennis and Laughing Man.

AnimeAndi

Completely Average High School Student
Just found this site through one of those competition finder sites, its rare to see anime dvds. Have a look its easy to enter.

http://www.game-guides.eu/competitions/

They have competitions for most of the DVD's I just pre-ordered! Don't know where to cancel and hope I win or keep the preorder and enter the competition anyway?

Thanks for the heads-up! I love competitions, though I've never ever won a single thing online :/

Hmm, that sure is a tricky situation you've got there. Still, you probably won't win those competitions, so you might as well as keep them on pre-order! :]

If you enter a competition, it's best not to tell people about it. That actually reduces your chance of winning.

Just a thought.

Boo Hiss!

Looks like I didn't win ANY of the prizes on this site:

http://www.game-guides.eu/competitions/

But I have entered all their new competitions so hopefully I will get lucky this time. Did anyone from here win anything?
Anyway I was wondering if any of you guys and girls have used Playtrade on Play.com as I noticed that there are a load of really cheap Anime dvd's on the site but aren't really sure how Playtrade works? Paranoia Agent is almost half price! Is it like eBay? Please help...

x

Hum, do I just email them with the answer?

EDIT:

Meh, I just emailed them with the given message subject and just the answer inside. I mean, am I supposed to put my name or address down?

Re: Boo Hiss!

AnimeAndi said:
Anyway I was wondering if any of you guys and girls have used Playtrade on Play.com as I noticed that there are a load of really cheap Anime dvd's on the site but aren't really sure how Playtrade works? Paranoia Agent is almost half price! Is it like eBay? Please help...

x

Playtrade is the same as the Amazon Marketplace, companies or people with items to sell put them up there. Then Play take the money through you account take whatever percentage and pass on the the seller a message to send out the item.

I have not used it much, but do tend to pick up CDs now and again and some of the R1 DVDs I am having trouble getting elsewhere. A lot of the Traders are in the US so import duty on any item over £18 and delivery time can be a factor. They send things individually so most DVDs won't get duty even if they are sent from outside the UK. So far I have had no trouble with anything in using it about a dozen or so times. Do however watch for discriptions as I have seen a couple of blatantly bootleg/dodgy things. As with any of these trade schemes if it is not sent from the UK or US beware especially if it is from China or Hong Kong.

I always put my name and address in the email when I enter any competition. Just in case I ever win anything! LOL...

So you think Playtrade is a ok to use when it comes to buying dvd's? I really want Paranoia Agent and it is pretty cheap on there? Anyone know any cheaper sites?

X

Uh, well I don't know if its just me, but on play trade, if you see something selling, it normally has the companies name on the side of the list of items. Sometimes well know sites, like dvd pacific, sell things on play trade and you can recognize them by their names.

On play trade, just see their feedback, if you really need it, and can't wait, go for it I guess. But, like Maxon has said, there are better, cheaper and more reliable sites such as UP1.

I think last time I ordered off play trade, it took quite a while. I think it was just under 2 weeks, so I don't order from them much anymore :|

Just Passing Through said:
If you're bothered about those things, Volume 3 is edited cos of the BBFC, you may want to import that from Region 1 or 4.

I've managed to see it uncensored when I rented from tesco....

chaos said:
If you're bothered about those things, Volume 3 is edited cos of the BBFC, you may want to import that from Region 1 or 4.

What? What!

How'd that happen, little girl trying to hang herself and all?
I've heard some weird things but... Tesco? :?

chaos said:

What? What!

How'd that happen, little girl trying to hang herself and all?
I've heard some weird things but... Tesco? :?

yep, I've got a subscription: paranoia agent

Individual volumes for £4.99 each at Anime On Line

http://www.anime-on-line.com/xcart/home.php?cat=620

Anyone else bought stuff in this anime-on-line shop?

Also, didn't this post should be in the sales thread?

Individual volumes for £4.99 each at Anime On Line

http://www.anime-on-line.com/xcart/home.php?cat=620

Anyone else bought stuff in this anime-on-line shop?

Also, didn't this post should be in the sales thread?

Well animeandi specifically asked about it in this thread.
anime-on-line is MVM's retail outlet. I've bought loads of stuff from there. Very reliable, excellent service.

Back