myspace

Feather

Brigade Leader
Hi I have a myspace site and was wondering if any of the people here have them, if you wanna be friends please leave your myspace site here.

Yeah, I have a myspace, though I rarely use, I jus--

Lolwhat.jpg

WHAT. When did Ireland have a language? o_0

But yeah, I use it just to go on myspace college forums and cause arguements and stuff, it's funny.

How dare Paul censor my post. I shall not stand for people standing in the way of friendly and perfectly polite posts, injustice will not be tolerated!!!

.... :!:

Lupus Inu said:
WHAT. When did Ireland have a language?

0_o

Ireland has always had a language. It's actually the first official language of the country; as an Irish citizen, it's your legal right to do everything that relates to government through Irish: that is, filling out tax forms, dealing with police (yep, you can demand a police officer to speak Irish to you, and they have to do under the constitution), reading government reports etc. All signposts in Ireland have the Irish and English place name, Irish is a compulsory subject in both primary and secondary school, there is a nationwide radio station ("Radio na Gaeltachta") and a nationwide TV station ("Telifís Gaeilge 4") that broadcast exclusively in Irish. There are certain areas in the country (usually by the coast, on islands and in areas with bad terrain; the British didn't bother enforcing the penal laws in these areas, so the language survived) in which the populations speak Irish and students regularly visit there over the summer. There's a minister for the language, it's officially recognised by the EU and, according to the last census, about 1 million people in Ireland can speak Irish. Oh, and recently the first "gaeltacht" (area in which Irish was spoken) was founded outside Ireland, in Canada.

So, yeah, Ireland does have a language, and yes, I do love it very much :p

Back