My Comic Book Debut: "Celestial"

20thCenturyBoy

Thousand Master
eNiGmatic Publications is proud to present its début release: "Celestial".

"Celestial" is the new graphic novel by writer Nick Gillespie (hey, that's me!) and can now be purchased from Graphicly.com for a variety of platforms.

"Celestial" is available for reading on the web, Facebook, Kindle Fire, all Apple devices (including iTunes) and will soon be available for Android (Kobo), NOOK and Google Books.

Just follow the link and you can have a look at my first release (you can preview the first 6 pages) and hopefully buy it (or tell someone who'd be interested in buying it!). It's less than £3($5), so there's worse things you could waste that kind of money on.

eNiGmatic Publications: Mature. Thought provoking. Entertaining.

http://graphicly.com/enigmatic-publications/celestial/gn

First of all, congratulations!
Second, are you going to release a paper version or will it be only digital? I still have to jump to digital books/comics, so I don't have the software/hardware to read them.

Teo

ilmaestro said:
Amazon won't let me download a sample for Kindle for some reason. :(

It's only available for the Kindle Fire (unfortunately) so if it's not that version then that may be the problem. You can still preview the first 6 pages on the book's Graphicly page and (providing you want to) download it from there for PC/Laptop/Web, Facebook or all Apple devices.

teonzo said:
First of all, congratulations!
Second, are you going to release a paper version or will it be only digital? I still have to jump to digital books/comics, so I don't have the software/hardware to read them.
Teo

Sadly I don't have the resources and/or connections to do print yet. But believe it or not you do have the hardware available, as the book can be read online on PCs, Laptops and Macs. You could even read it on Facebook via the Graphicly app, if you felt so inclined.

Ah, that's a shame, I would have been tempted to get a Kindle version (the "Kindle" Fire is a nice bit of advertising from Amazon, but it is not a Kindle imo!). Hearty congrats to you though, I still might buy it even though I can only read it on my phone since it's fairly priced.

20thCenturyBoy said:
But believe it or not you do have the hardware available, as the book can be read online on PCs, Laptops and Macs.

Some suggestions for a decent free software? As you see I'm pretty ignorant. Thanks.

Teo

teonzo said:
20thCenturyBoy said:
But believe it or not you do have the hardware available, as the book can be read online on PCs, Laptops and Macs.

Some suggestions for a decent free software? As you see I'm pretty ignorant. Thanks.

You can actually read it on the Graphicly website (same as how the preview works on it) if you create an account and buy it from there, or use the Graphicly Facebook app to read it on Facebook. If you have iTunes you can download and read it via that. If you use Google Chrome that has a web app that you can use to read.

Check out my interview where I talk about my graphic novel "Celestial"

http://penandswordink.weebly.com/1/post/2013/05/all-eyes-on-nicholas-gillespie.html

About "Celestial":

"What price would you be willing to pay for freedom?" Jean Emmanuel is a rich man, he can have whatever his heart desires, which changes from one minute to the next. Yet, he finds himself constantly searching for something new, much to the annoyance of his wife, Bernice. Whilst taking part in one of his regular "games" of one-upmanship with rival Douglas Fairbanks, he lays eyes upon a most wondrous discovery. Could this be what he's been searching for? And is he willing to accept the cost?

"Celestial" is available now from http://graphicly.com/enigmatic-publications/celestial/gn for a variety of formats.

Awesome to see someone going out with something they love and be able to push it into the world. Even better when getting some backing from others.

Read the description and the few panels on the Graphicly site. I'm very impressed with the drawing style. The way the character spoke could be believable too, so I thought that was quite nice to understand their thoughts. The description would want me to see more, but I'll listen to what you say in the interview later on to see if it perks my curiosity more.

Either way, congrats on making it to this stage - you're out there and letting everyone know it! :D

Chaz said:
Awesome to see someone going out with something they love and be able to push it into the world. Even better when getting some backing from others.

Read the description and the few panels on the Graphicly site. I'm very impressed with the drawing style. The way the character spoke could be believable too, so I thought that was quite nice to understand their thoughts. The description would want me to see more, but I'll listen to what you say in the interview later on to see if it perks my curiosity more.

Either way, congrats on making it to this stage - you're out there and letting everyone know it! :D

Thanks for the kind words, Chaz. I'd like it if I could tempt you to check out it further and so in relation to that is this:

If you're still sitting on the fence whether to purchase "Celestial", the debut graphic novel release from eNiGmatic Publications, then check out this review over at the Comic Collective.

About "Celestial":

"What price would you be willing to pay for freedom?" Jean Emmanuel is a rich man, he can have whatever his heart desires, which changes from one minute to the next. Yet, he finds himself constantly searching for something new, much to the annoyance of his wife, Bernice. Whilst taking part in one of his regular "games" of one-upmanship with rival Douglas Fairbanks, he lays eyes upon a most wondrous discovery. Could this be what he's been searching for? And is he willing to accept the cost?

"Celestial" is available now from Graphicly for Web, Facebook, Kindle Fire, iOS, Android and NOOK.

I recently metaphorically sat down with the guys over at the Comic Collective for an interview about my company, eNiGmatic Publications, and the release of my debut graphic novel, "Celestial". Be sure to check it out :D.

http://comic-collective.com/interview-with-enigmatic-publications/

Celestial is available now from Graphicly for Web, Facebook, Kindle Fire, iOS, Android and NOOK.

About Celestial:

"What price would you be willing to pay for freedom?"

Jean Emmanuel is a rich man, he can have whatever his heart desires, which changes from one minute to the next. Yet, he finds himself constantly searching for something new, much to the annoyance of his wife, Bernice. Whilst taking part in one of his regular "games" of one-upmanship with rival Douglas Fairbanks, he lays eyes upon a most wondrous discovery. Could this be what he's been searching for? And is he willing to accept the cost?

I'll understand if it's something you'd rather not discuss, but do you mind me asking what the going pay rate was for the artists?

I've looked into comic art for hire previously and, generally, what I've seen advertised was pitifully low paid for the amount of work involved. It's the sort of thing I'd be interested in if I could get it, but I wouldn't want to take on anything un-economical.

Back