My Anime Blog...

arthur_webb

Adventurer
Well, in continuation with the MAKING-THINGS-FROM-PHP-MYSQL-AND-LOVE website saga, I made an anime-blog.

www.melonbread.co.uk

Although originally just another practise, like my Anime Database, I really liked the idea of writing stuff - so I hosted it.

What do you guys think...?

(Be gentle *hides*)

It looks promising - I'm running a home coded anime blog myself and can tell you the most annoying thing you will come up against is spam bots; provided you publicize your blog and it appears on search engines, they will hit you hard. Probably the only 100% method of blocking them is using a kind of "Word Verification" on your comments.

Looking at your blog, the most essential feature you need to implement is an RSS XML feed. Once you have done this, you can be listed for free at AnimeBlogger.net and Anime Nano; these two sites are vital in getting yourself heard in the anime "blogsphere".

Anyway, I like the layout :) It's clean, simple and easy to read. Best of luck, I'll stick you on my blogroll and bookmark the url!

Paul said:
It looks promising - I'm running a home coded anime blog myself and can tell you the most annoying thing you will come up against is spam bots; provided you publicize your blog and it appears on search engines, they will hit you hard. Probably the only 100% method of blocking them is using a kind of "Word Verification" on your comments.

Looking at your blog, the most essential feature you need to implement is an RSS XML feed. Once you have done this, you can be listed for free at AnimeBlogger.net and Anime Nano; these two sites are vital in getting yourself heard in the anime "blogsphere".

Anyway, I like the layout :) It's clean, simple and easy to read. Best of luck, I'll stick you on my blogroll and bookmark the url!

Awr, thanks Paul - that's very good of you! Once I have a blogroll, ect. I'll return the favour. This blog was coded in about three days, so it's still at an early stage. I'll probably be adding a side-bar later on with such things on it.

And your suggestion about the RSS feed - I'll get on it right away! Now where to start...

If you get stuck I can send you over the code I'm using for mine. Always great to see another Anime UK News member spread out into blogging anime!

Paul said:
If you get stuck I can send you over the code I'm using for mine. Always great to see another Anime UK News member spread out into blogging anime!

Thanks, if you could that's be absolutely fantastic. Seeing as I'm kind of a rookie, I have a few questions if you don't mind.

I'll PM you ^^.

The current layout seems really solid from a coding point of view and it looks nice and clear onscreen - even some of the layout templates that the likes of Wordpress the other blogging software sites offer don't always give a simple, no-nonsense layout like that. As they say, if you want something done right, do it yourself! The only thing I'd add would be that menu/sidebar that lists the categories and so on. It's not much of an issue now but might be in a few months when the numbers of articles in the database mount up!

Back