MVM to release Trinity Blood and Ergo Proxy

Noratav

Student Council President
MVM's July releases are up on anime-on-line and among them is the first volume of Trinity Blood. Somewhat inevitable after the recent release announcements of Basilisk and Speed Grapher, but good news none the less.

Nice find, Noratav. It's good to see MVM have maintained their fruitful relationship with GONZO, though I'm concerned about the lack of Gankutsuou.

kupoartist said:
Paul said:
though I'm concerned about the lack of Gankutsuou.
The visual style alone makes me wish someone would license it. Get upon it damnéd anime companies!

It's certainly one of the few genuine masterpieces created in the last few years, along with MONSTER, Mushishi, Planetes and possibly the first season of Honey & Clover. The unique art style is alone enough to elevate it above mediocrity, but the story is fantastic too. I must admit I've already imported the Vol.1 + Artbox because it's just so beautifully packaged, but I'm holding out for the rest on R2.

DaNiMe said:
Isn't Trinity Blood released by Funimation though?
So shouldn't Revelation be releasing it?
No. Trinity Blood, like Samurai 7, Burst Angel and Speed Grapher, are all Gonzo anime who seem to have a policy of negotiating distribution rights separately for each region. FUNimation/Revelation will only be releasing anime over here where they negotiated the European/UK rights in the first instance so it is by no means a certainty with any of their titles who will be handling UK distribution.

Revelation only distribute for FUNimation and do not licence in their own right (barring a couple of old titles from way back).

Gawyn said:
DaNiMe said:
Isn't Trinity Blood released by Funimation though?
So shouldn't Revelation be releasing it?
No. Trinity Blood, like Samurai 7, Burst Angel and Speed Grapher, are all Gonzo anime who seem to have a policy of negotiating distribution rights separately for each region. FUNimation/Revelation will only be releasing anime over here where they negotiated the European/UK rights in the first instance so it is by no means a certainty with any of their titles who will be handling UK distribution.

Revelation only distribute for FUNimation and do not licence in their own right (barring a couple of old titles from way back).

Ah that's cleared that up then, thanks : )

I should put this is a new thread, but according to this thread at Animeondvd.com, MVM's August releases have been announced and among them is the first volume of Ergo Proxy as well as a box set for Gantz.

I thought Ergo Proxy was already released here, guess i was wrong. I wonder what price range they will put it at, if its reasonable i may pick it up.

Every day here seems like another piece of great news, MVM really are out-doing themselves, they've more or less released or got planned releases of so many box sets, I just wish I could afford them all : o
The UK market seems to be picking up all the time, hurrah!

Back