MVM Schedules UK Blu-ray releases for Koyomimonogatari, Owarimonogatari Part 3 and Zoku Owarimonogatari

Bah! Aniplex all the way for Monogatari for me! But I'm really glad to hear you guys are finally getting caught up on the Monogatari series over there. 👍

18monogatari.jpg

Bah! Aniplex all the way for Monogatari for me! But I'm really glad to hear you guys are finally getting caught up on the Monogatari series over there. 👍

18monogatari.jpg
Ah what a sight to behold, loving the ordered placement. Not like my mismatched collection varying in sizes of the blu rays & season 2 boxset alone, let alone random dvds thrown into the mix.

Aacckk! Most are still in their cellophane wrappings, that is no way to treat any monogatari! I'd clearly make a rubbish collector... I'll very happily take them off of you, how much do you want for the lot?

* remembers how much these sets cost *

uuuh nevermind...

Last edited:
Ah what a sight to behold, loving the ordered placement. Not like my mismatched collection varying in sizes of the blu rays & season 2 boxset alone, let alone random dvds thrown into the mix.

Aacckk! Most are still in their cellophane wrappings, that is no way to treat any monogatari! I'd clearly make a rubbish collector... I'll very happily take them off of you, how much do you want for the lot?

* remembers how much these sets cost *

uuuh nevermind...

LOL, when I open an anime side-load slipbox of any kind that has shrink wrap over it, I always use a razor blade to slit a "door" on the open side of the box just wide enough to get one anime media case out, and leave the wrap intact to protect the box from shelf wear. If you look closely, a lot of those singles except for the more recent titles are also stored inside stiff plastic Box Protectors (like for steelbooks), and if I can put the slipbox inside the protector with the shrink wrap still on it, I'll just leave it on. I just received more protectors in the mail so I will be covering the rest of those Monogatari single sets soon.

If you are at all interested, I created an entire thread over on blu-ray.com about the availability of different size box protectors and what anime they fit.

Blu-ray/DVD/Steelbook Plastic Box Protectors for your Anime Collection

The majority of the thread references US releases, and also some JP releases, although I do have all of my UK steelbooks and steelcases covered as well. I haven't found any available sizes to fit well with any of the UK CE box sets as of yet though, still working on sourcing some of those. The last 2-3 pages in that thread do include new information on larger protectors some of us have found for Funimation LE box sets, and I eventually want to move all that info to the first posts in the thread.

Last edited:
Ok, well Steelbook Central, in post #4 of my thread, is UK based, so that would be a possible source for you without exorbitant shipping prices. Retroprotection.com, which my thread basically features, is in the US and has hundreds of sizes of protectors available, but most are for gaming consoles and cartridges and other collectables, so it's a challenge to find ones that fit larger Blu-ray or DVD box sets. plus, shipping to the UK is fairly steep, so you'd probably need to make a good-sized order from them.

Last edited:
Back