MVM reveal summer '05 release plans

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
EyeonAnime have posted MVM's revised May, June, July and August release schedules; confirming MVM's plans to increase their number of DVD releases to 6 different titles per month. These new schedules include 7th July debuts for the first volumes of the Ranma movies and Paranoia Agent and an 8th August debut for Samurai Champloo.

It (almost) goes without saying, all of these new release dates have been inserted into our constantly growing UK anime release schedule.

(Bolded all first volumes)

Due 09/05/05
Trigun- Vol 3
Chobits-Vol 2
Love Hina Spring Special
Full Metal Alchemist- Vol 1
Adventures of Mini-Goddess-Vol 3
Read or Die TV Series-Vol 1

Due 06/06/05
Blue Gender- The Movie (AKA: The Warrior)
Haibane Renmei-Vol 2
Gungrave-Vol 2
Texhnolyze-Vol 1
Tsukihime Lunar Legend- Vol 1

Yu Yu Hakusho- Vol 3

Due 04/07/05
Ranma Movie-Vol 1
Chobits- Vol 3
Read or Die TV Series-Vol 2
Trigun-Vol 4
Full Metal Alchemist-Vol 2
Paranoia Agent-Vol 1

Due 08/08/05
Gungrave-Vol 3
Samurai Champloo-Vol 1
Yu Yu Hakusho-Vol 4
Haibane Renmei-Vol 3
Texhnolyze-Vol 2
Tukihime Lunar Legend-Vol 2

Not bad, eh! I think the summer is going to be a fun time to be a UK anime fan... looking forward to ADV's release schedule now. Fingers crossed they have acquired Gantz.

Paul said:
Not bad, eh! I think the summer is going to be a fun time to be a UK anime fan... looking forward to ADV's release schedule now. Fingers crossed they have acquired Gantz.

Im curious as to ADV's release schedule too , hopefully Gantz will be making an appearance this year as you say. Also quite interested in a Full Metal Panic? : FUMOFFU release , aswell as Kurau Phantom Melody ( although I dont believe even a R1 release date has been set for that yet ).

Finally id really like to see Elfen Lied over here , but im not so sure what the BBFC will make of that.

Out of the MVM releases Im probably most interested in -ROD-The TV and Full Metal Alchemist. Although they certainly have many other titles on the cards id like to pick up eventually.

Wow, this year looks really promising for anime, i am becoming more and more impressed with MVM with every new release schedule they issue. I am especially looking forward to Full Metal Alchemist and Samurai Champloo

Wow, things are looking better all the time. Looking forward to Full Metal Alchemist, Samurai Champloo and ROD the TV, not that the other titles won't make their way into my viewing list eventually. Now let's see if ADV can put together a schedule to match this...

looks like it really is going to be a great year.
Also quite interested in a Full Metal Panic? : FUMOFFU release
FUMOFFU? which release is that? i know the series itself is already out (i think there are seven, but i don't have the last two yet) .

Concrete badger said:
FUMOFFU? which release is that? i know the series itself is already out (i think there are seven, but i don't have the last two yet) .

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclo ... php?id=155
Full Metal Panic? FUMOFFU is a spin off / sequel of the first series of Full Metal Panic. The series focusses on the more comic high school element rather than the more military aspect.

Full Metal Panic : The Second Raid , which is out later this year, ( In Japan ) is apparently set to continue the theme of the first series and despite its name is the third anime set in the Full Metal panic world. :)

I may not be interested in very much of what's being released (as I already have most of it) but I am truly impressed with the current and future UK releases :D

I was reminded last night of how it was here just 3 years ago, when my son wanted to borrow a region 2 DVD, I found I only had a few but one I lent him was Shadow Skill. I remember buying it with gift vouchers, the reason I bought it? well because at the time there was about 3 others to choose from! There were about 20 videos as well, all old titles such as Amon Saga and the Angel Cop double box set (which cost me £18.99 :shock: ).

What a difference in just 3 short years!

MangaMinX said:
Concrete badger said:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclo ... php?id=155
Full Metal Panic? FUMOFFU is a spin off / sequel of the first series of Full Metal Panic. The series focusses on the more comic high school element rather than the more military aspect.

Full Metal Panic : The Second Raid , which is out later this year, ( In Japan ) is apparently set to continue the theme of the first series and despite its name is the third anime set in the Full Metal panic world. :)
sounds like ADV might have one or two big releases this year as well then. still, MVM and Beez have some pretty good titles on their roster. The securing of the CB distribution rights has stood Beez in very good stead this year as well.

i really am impressed with MVM, they were releasing anime on dvd, on the sly, under our very own noses, and then such an impressive release schedule has been released. with great tiels. the ones im interested are in
Chobits (i have the manga of this and i really liked it)
Full Metal Alchemist (How can anyone on this earth not like this anime?, iv seen the entire series, and may either get the UK version or get the Limited Edtion Us Version which includes a Sweet box to house the series and a OST)
Smaurai Champlo (this series is just screaming in the kool factor ^_^)
cant wait (*rubs his hands in anticipation, with an evil laugh*)

Ninja Boy! said:
Chobits (i have the manga of this and i really liked it)
The anime is not as good as the manga im affraid :(

Champlo isnt even finshed in the states yet, MVM are getting quicker!

I have to say i was very surprised when i first heard about Samurai Champloo being released over here, because it was only a few weeks ago that i was reading a review about how it was going down a storm in america at the moment

Champloo and Texhnolyse are out earlier than I expected. MVM are definatly very fast, especially with Fullmetal Alchemist out 3 months after the US first volume release.

Back