UK Anime Distributor MVM Entertainment Discussion Thread

In regards to Gungrave we did enquire, but as it's not a Gonzo title and with another company who we believe the rights have expired, it may be a little harder to re-acquire. But it's something to look into down the line. Gantz is certainly one I would personally like to have re-released.

With the possibility of CE releases for the mentioned titles, it would pretty much just be a hardback artbox and artcards using the art from the individual DVD releases, similar to our Haibane Renmei & Paranoia Agent CE releases.

I guess MVM couldn't get the boxset deal with Neko black they wanted. I wonder if this will be identical to the previous release?
Sadly not. We tried but it was a case of just releasing Bake on it's own or not releasing at all. But yes, it will be identical to the previous release in terms of content. Only difference is it will be in just a thin style BD case, as opposed to the previous fat-pack style.

Sadly not. We tried but it was a case of just releasing Bake on it's own or not releasing at all. But yes, it will be identical to the previous release in terms of content. Only difference is it will be in just a thin style BD case, as opposed to the previous fat-pack style.

Edit - helps if I learn to read first before asking a question you've already answered!

I have the previous one, really crying out for a good quality CE release of all of the parts of Monogatari to go with the second season set nicely. Not sure we'll get one though if the rights holders won't allow it.

I'd re-buy it for that reason alone :)

Last edited:
Only difference is it will be in just a thin style BD case, as opposed to the previous fat-pack style.
Aarrgh nooo, now I'm tempted to order this one too just to replace the fat-box!!
I have the previous one, really crying out for a good quality CE release of all of the parts of Monogatari to go with the second season set nicely. Not sure we'll get one though if the rights holders won't allow it.

I'd re-buy it for that reason alone :)
You and me both! If I had the time and energy, I'd research and just buy some kit to make/print my own custom chipboard boxes for my personal favourites to stick the amarays in...

Aria for £15 was in my basket but I fell asleep before checkout... and then forgot/thought I must have ordered... and now its back to full price, sob!

Back