UK Anime Distributor MVM Entertainment Discussion Thread

I know someone already posted something about the replacement disc for Air which is why I put a note on my order about it as well and this morning I recieved this email, looks as if you want it you're going to have to ask directly.

20220509_123955.jpg

I just got the exact same email.
I find it surprising that eng dub is majority but ok

Yeah, found that surprising also, to be fair I was probably going to watch it dubbed as well because subs on DVD's don't look great and if I have the option I do watch dubbed but I'm indifferent to either language as I've watched 100's of shows subbed as well, on series re-watches a lot of the time I switch to the opposite language anyway.

I put in an order this morning for Kemono Jihen.
Not long after I see the early bird (It's only 54 minutes so want the best price even though I promised myself no more early birds) so go back on to check the release date then look at Kemono Jihen again and it is now June 20th. Bah

Email to cancel then I can put off payment until June or July or December.

Many anime releases in the UK only get one print run - and I wouldn't expect Air to be different.
Some UK releases did have corrections in later printings of standard editions, although I've only seen packaging corrections rather than disc fixes (e.g. Manga's DVD release of Danganronpa had mistakenly stated PAL on the packaging in its initial print run, while the discs were NTSC, but the packaging was corrected to NTSC in later print runs).

Plus, in regards to Air, the e-mail did state new copies, so something tells me it could be a second print run with fixed discs. I could be wrong though.

Last edited:
The majority of customers using dubbed option is surprising I think. Unless its just an excuse to avoid a recall.

I do wonder where they’re getting this information from? Like, do they run surveys? Or are they basing it on publicly available average streaming figures or something

I do wonder where they’re getting this information from? Like, do they run surveys? Or are they basing it on publicly available average streaming figures or something
The reason I don't think its true is because crunchyroll had at least 5x the sub count of funimation. Then you also have to consider, people who buy anime on blu ray are probably a little more "dedicated" (probably the wrong word, but you know what i mean) and I would assume, would be more likely to watch sub.

I would imagine it's their own figures. Blu-rays (or DVDs) that have both dub & sub, outsell sub only by probably a large margin.

As much as I was looking forward to this release, I'm going to have to pass on it. £53.99 for a release which we don't know what all the contents that will be included are. Sorry but I can't do it.
It's most likely going to be the same as the Sentai release - 3 discs, artbox, 176 page book and 6 artcards, but minus fabric poster. Should be confirmed tomorrow.

Back