UK Anime Distributor MVM Entertainment Discussion Thread

Air is shipping now, just got an e-mail that mine has shipped.
Just got mine. Interested to know if anyone else has subtitle issues with it.

It looks like the first 2 episodes of Disc 1 have the wrong subtitles. Like they don't match the Japanese dialogue at all. It looks like they might be intended for a different episode.

From my limited scanning through, it looks like episode 3 onwards is okay, as is disc 2.

Edit: More specifically, the incorrect subtitles in episode 1 and 2 seem to be from the Summer episodes...

Last edited:

It looks like the first 2 episodes of Disc 1 have the wrong subtitles. Like they don't match the Japanese dialogue at all. It looks like they might be intended for a different episode.

From my limited scanning through, it looks like episode 3 onwards is okay, as is disc 2.

Edit: More specifically, the incorrect subtitles in episode 1 and 2 seem to be from the Summer episodes...
Yup, what's weird is they're timed for the episodes but the dialogue is totally wrong. Gonna have to redo the discs...

If the Funimation discs were used for Air (I could be wrong though), it wouldn't be that easy to fix the discs, unless MVM re-authors the discs from scratch, which may not be financially feasible.

Last edited:

Has anyone emailed @MVM about the problem yet?

It should be the exact same master as the US one though? And thats been out for 12 years.

I wouldn't worry about getting a disc replacement due to costs because I think its unlikely for MVM to shoulder the costs of this.

Because A: The authoring house / replicator has messed up - the onus should then be on them to fix their work. B: Funimation have messed up in the masters sent, then costs should be on them (at least partial)

The email I received today
Hi,
Thanks for the info.

We’ll have to get Funimation to correct and send new master for Disc 1.

Can you confirm that the subs are ok for the two OVAs on disc 3?

Hopefully the OVAs are not showing subs for episodes 1 and 2?

Just bin the faulty one. We will re-ship all orders once new good stock is in.

Thanks for your help with the information.

Regards
Tony

I checked disc 3 and the subtitles are fine, same script as the messed up ones for episodes 1 and 2, I think can understand what went wrong here, something automated probably overwrote the script for episodes 1 and 2 for OVAs 1 and 2, probably?

Does that mean every order will get a new disc automatically? Or do we have to ask for one?

I haven’t been able to check my copy yet, as I’m away from home at the moment but I’m guessing it’s the same

Does that mean every order will get a new disc automatically? Or do we have to ask for one?

I haven’t been able to check my copy yet, as I’m away from home at the moment but I’m guessing it’s the same
I'm not sure but I've put a note against my order asking if they can send me a replacement once it's available. I guess we'll see...

Ordered it already.
Don't think it'll be the detective story I want it to be but it's costing my buy it anyway price.
First dotw I've bought for ages.

Back