UK Anime Distributor MVM Entertainment Discussion Thread

I think its excellent. It's their current deal of the week. No idea if that will affect its chances of being in the sale though.

Also a group of us are also going to start a simulwatch of it on monday.
I can almost guarantee that their weekly deals are better than any other -20% or so site-wide sales they might have.
If a bleak dystopian future is your thing, give it a go.
Cheers guys
Just purchased before it goes off sale

Yes! Ergo Proxy is a Top 10 Anime OAT for me... I especially dig that crazy Episode 15, It's hip, it's happenin', it's groovy, man! 🤪

ace4cd83520f040fd4c651c8a5039dfe.gif

Last edited:
Missed opertunity... No blu ray...so pass

Good to see an older title being re-released in this country, shame it's DVD only.
It's DVD only in the US too, but I reckon it's cheaper and more cost effective to use discs of an already released English friendly release (from an English speaking country), than it is to create your own discs from scratch.

Having said that, if MVM's release is based on the ADV complete collection release (or the Funimation re-release), then episode 13, which is just a recap episode, will be missing (if I'm correct, it was intact on the ADV singles).

It's still DVD only in the US. That's why.

Regarding DVD only titles, I won't have too much of a problem with them as long as the release is in NTSC format.
I don't see how that explains it; MVM's released things like Yuuna and the Haunted Hot Springs, which never got released in the U.S. at all, on blu-ray. Also, Air has a blu-ray release in Japan; it was one of the earliest anime releases on BD, way back in 2006. So the materials already exist for BD.

Back