UK Anime Distributor MVM Entertainment Discussion Thread

OK weird question but how is it AOL have Rosario + Vampire down for Dec 13th (stealth delayed again?) But Amazon claim to have it in stock and can deliver tomorrow???

Screenshot_20211028-201651_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Just had to pay customs on the full exVAT value of MHA despite MVM stating that orders made before January 1st 2021 would be shipped with a value of £1 due to having already paid UK VAT at time of order.

Not particularly pleased.

I thought what they said was they'd value it at under the customs threshold, rather than at £1, and as there is no threshold anymore...

Fwiw, I got a replacement from Anime Limited a week or two ago, declared at £1, was still hit with VAT charge, which is fine, paying a €3.50 collection charge on 26 cents of VAT though, ugh, screw An Post...

Only 3,50€ … you should count your extremely lucky in Ireland, as here in Belgium BPost charges 15,00€ collection charge … which for me pretty much dried up importing anime altogether, certainly from the UK.

Only 3,50€ … you should count your extremely lucky in Ireland, as here in Belgium BPost charges 15,00€ collection charge … which for me pretty much dried up importing anime altogether, certainly from the UK.
They used to charge €9. It was reduced to €3.50 in January due to how much post comes from the UK. If it wasn't reduced they would probably be sending back a lot more with unpaid customs.

I thought what they said was they'd value it at under the customs threshold, rather than at £1, and as there is no threshold anymore...
The other stuff I ordered with MVM before January was all valued at £1 on the parcel.

So when Golden Kamuy S2 was delayed again, I cancelled my order with AOL and I got email saying it was cancelled and a credit slip was issued. So I’ve asked them how to use the credit slip but they tell me they don’t issue them and give a refund. I never received an refund through PayPal as that’s how I paid. I’ve messaged them back with this info, so let’s see how they respond.

So when Golden Kamuy S2 was delayed again, I cancelled my order with AOL and I got email saying it was cancelled and a credit slip was issued. So I’ve asked them how to use the credit slip but they tell me they don’t issue them and give a refund. I never received an refund through PayPal as that’s how I paid. I’ve messaged them back with this info, so let’s see how they respond.
I had a similar experience and rang them. It's was sorted in minutes.

They should refund you back to PayPal surely?

But I can't find any info at all about their refund policy on their website which is weird.

I got a reply and the person I was conversing with said they didn’t know their site did credit slips and it should have been an automatic refund. They asked me if I wanted a refund and I said yes. I’ll keep an eye out for the refund email from PayPal.

Back