UK Anime Distributor MVM Entertainment Discussion Thread

There's some issues with Dog & Scissors that we're trying to sort out at the moment and as such it's temporarily on hold.

Not to be rude as I would never intend to be so, but if I may, there were some issues with Dog & Scissors, long before you attempted to release it upon unsuspecting UK eyes. You're competing with AL's Ousama Game so I dare say best it stays on hold, forever more, lest innocent viewers be tainted by it. I shall never forget the hobo+shotgun, in no-gun Japan... the horror~

...ah, and yes: please stop the BBFC on spines. Andrew eventually learned with their more pricey releases if not their cheaper ones. Space Dandy was traumatic for me. Heaven Feel's releases didn't have the BBFCing on spines, which is quite wonderful to behold.

Last edited:
I almost purchased Seitokai Yakuindomo in the Sentai Sale last week, but then I watched a few episodes streaming first, and just like the GIF above, there was just way too much of that obnoxious 'comedy' in it for me.

Yeah it seems weirdly silent as Madman released part 2 of FGO Bab last month and the fact US is now releasing the film is making me hope for it less, then again they skipped Fate/Extra which already made me go AoA.

At this point, I'm debating about whether to carry on waiting for a UK release of Dreaming Girl (hopefully, a collector's edition), or go for broke and import the AoA release, which was released in June last year.

I know MVM stated back in July this year on here (after I asked) that they've enquired into Dreaming Girl, but no further news regarding it.

At this point, I'm debating about whether to carry on waiting for a UK release of Dreaming Girl (hopefully, a collector's edition), or go for broke and import the AoA release, which was released in June last year.

I know MVM stated back in July this year on here (after I asked) that they've enquired into Dreaming Girl, but no further news regarding it.
I suppose it's a question of how long AoA releases tend to stay in print. If they vanish quicker than other labels, I'd say go ahead and import it. I wouldn't pay AoA prices for most movies, but Dreaming Girl was definitely worth it.

There is an Australian version as well, might be cheaper to get that one.

Back