UK Anime Distributor MVM Entertainment Discussion Thread

oh wow, a Champloo steelbook? When was that released? June 2020! How the heck did I miss that one? :(

EDIT: Oh wait, I did get that one, phew! I pre-ordered it in December 2019 in the same order with the Berserk Steelbook, I just didn't search back far enough in my anime spreadsheet the first time. I forgot those two steels went up for pre-order at the same time!

Last edited:
Though the Anime Classics artwork is the best front cover (if they use this for the Amaray that would be cool).

View attachment 33660

That's the artwork MVM used on their steelbook. 👍

21385_1_large.jpg

The inside artwork under the trays was cool too, in b&w...

samurai-champloo-steelbook-insidepackaging.jpg

Last edited:
MVM's EB is Samurai Champloo (CE) for £29.99.

Looks that I predicted correctly that it'd be some sort of limited / collector's edition.

Going by the product description, it just seems to be some art cards bundled into a CE package, which is pretty disappointing if so.

There's no possibility it could be a new, better transfer or something, is there? I suppose it's the best option if you don't already own the series though.

Last edited:
MVM's EB is Samurai Champloo (CE) for £29.99.

Looks that I predicted correctly that it'd be some sort of limited / collector's edition.
They had a DOTW for the standard edition a few weeks back. Much as I like CEs, I can’t say that an art box and art cards are worth £15 (or more after EB).

That said; I’ve never seen the series, so my expectations are based on the description of Bebop samurai set to bad-guy music.
I don’t know if the disc/encode needs updating, but with minimal tangible benefits, this seems rather low effort.

Back