MVM acquire Gantz and Burst Angel

Paul said:
Generally, I've noticed there is a lot of elitism surrounding UK releases (though thankfully it's not present on these forums). It appears to be getting worse now because the UK industry is doing better and the doubters are struggling to understand why and inevitably, are getting more wound up about it.

I hate that myself, I gave up years ago trying to defend Manga Entertainment! Admittedly nowadays they seem pants but if it weren't for them, there'd have been almost zero anime releases years ago! Plus they made anime easy to get with their monthly releases of The Guyver, Legend of the 4 Kings etc advertising them almost as a magazine release. Plus at £5.99 each, they weren't expensive either!! (Rant over :lol: ).

Paul said:
As far as I can remember, MVM have never messed up. Of course, their early releases were low budget, but even Japanese giants Toei are struggling to put together a decent first couple of releases. If you judge them on their quality now, MVM are fine; I'm not someone who puts too much emphasis on DVD extras, art-boxes and packaging, and as long as the UK releases contain the original Japanese track, I'm a happy bunny.
Thing is MVM did kinda mess up with there early releases, because they where dubbed only. But that was in 2002. The MVM of 2005 is a different kettle of fish.

Still wouldnt mind better proper reversable covers though, instead of ADs.

im hoping like 'Paul' mentioned eariler on this thread that, the uk version of Gantz will come on a total of 7 discs instead of ADV's wallet ripping 2 eps per dvd.... now that is just.....LAME!

Back