MVM acquire Gantz and Burst Angel

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
Not a month seems to go by without MVM announcing a few new UK acquisitions and April appears to be no exception. Eye on Anime have scooped the big news that MVM have picked up the UK licenses for both Gantz and Burst Angel (aka Bakuretsu Tenshi), two highly anticapted new anime series from Gonzo (the studio behind Hellsing and Last Exile).

Both of these shows are set for an early Autumn UK debut. We have updated our UK anime release schedule accordingly.

I'm really chuffed Gantz will be coming to the UK and of course, since MVM work alongside Australia's Madman, we should expect the 7 disc release (i.e. not ADV US's 2 episode per disc format).

I just don't know how MVM keep pulling these stellar licenses out of the bag. Gantz will be a massive show for them, but then, everything else they've licensed should be massive too- from Samurai Champloo to Full Metal Alchemist, their line-up is just jaw droppingly good.

Wow , impressive going by MVM still . ADV do look weaker by the minuite to me.
Gantz is certainly something on my to buy list !
Im sure Burst Angel will do pretty well too. Now I wonder if Samuri 7 will be got by MVM for a winter release.

Yeah, but ADV have been established in the UK for longer, so I wouldn't be surprised if they had one or two stellar licences up their sleaves for future release as well. But then again, I was heavily surprised when it turned out Manga UK was releasing SAC. I couldn't believe they had gotten hold of such a heavy hitter after such a long time vacant in the UK anime scene.

But anyway, things are definitely looking up for the UK market this year. 8)

The hell?
How did did ADV UK, with there links with Gonzo let these two through there fingures?!?!?!?!

Oh well, at least they are getting released.

I'm really chuffed Gantz will be coming to the UK and of course, since MVM work alongside Australia's Madman, we should expect the 7 disc release (i.e. not ADV US's 2 episode per disc format).
ADV UK would of used Madmans masters if they got Gantz, as they have done in the past (Hellsing for example)

MVM, sure are bringing out their 'guns' from nowhere starting from winter last year, BANG, BANG, BANG, so many new licenses and great ones as well! i was planning on getting Gungrave and Read Or Die the TV, and now these 2 series just announced which im both interested in..
damn, i really need a job o_O

Is there anything MVM wont bring out. all the shows they are bring out are the best and biggest shows around. i fear to think of how much they will bring out next year 0_0.

ADV UK really do seem awfully quiet lately , although they have still been putting things through the BBFC. Divergence Eve , D.N Angel , Gravion .

Bakuretsu Tenshi/Burst Angel is one of those anime where I love the character design but not the rest! I've umm'd and ahh'd about it for ages!

Gantz is a definite no from me.

MangaMinX said:
ADV UK really do seem awfully quiet lately , although they have still been putting things through the BBFC. Divergence Eve , D.N Angel , Gravion .

D.N. Angel is something I would buy for definite but as usual I'm not stunned or excited about any UK release announcements. I'm sure there will come a day though - I'm sure of it :?

Miaka-chan said:
D.N. Angel is something I would buy for definite but as usual I'm not stunned or excited about any UK release announcements. I'm sure there will come a day though - I'm sure of it :?

I am quite interested in D.N Angel too , but the other two I mentioned hold zero appeal.

Gantz was one of the options on that poll on ADV UK's website, so if they let go of that they must have something else to offer (Saiyuki maybe?). I'm mildly interested by Gantz but the excessive violence is a bit of a put-off. Looking forward to D.N. Angel though.

How uncut are we going to get Gantz? I can't see the BBFC letting it through unscathed, even as an 18. It would certainly be pushing the limits.

MangaMinX said:
Miaka-chan said:

I am quite interested in D.N Angel too

Well I already have it but the format is rather questionable :lol:

I can't say I'm overly enthused by a lot of recent licenses either. Not these two, at least. Oh well, at least they're releasing something.

I'm not sure how concerned you need to be about Gantz, having not seen it, but remember that violence is easier to get past a censor than sex. Because as we all know sex is Bad and Wrong, whereas killing is just a bit naughty.

wow, i had to get my thread on this over at another forum locked due to one person flaming about how crap MVM was, and how they will always screw up. He was wuite frankly the rudest person ever. !!

Generally, I've noticed there is a lot of elitism surrounding UK releases (though thankfully it's not present on these forums). It appears to be getting worse now because the UK industry is doing better and the doubters are struggling to understand why and inevitably, are getting more wound up about it.

As far as I can remember, MVM have never messed up. Of course, their early releases were low budget, but even Japanese giants Toei are struggling to put together a decent first couple of releases. If you judge them on their quality now, MVM are fine; I'm not someone who puts too much emphasis on DVD extras, art-boxes and packaging, and as long as the UK releases contain the original Japanese track, I'm a happy bunny.

aniki said:
How uncut are we going to get Gantz? I can't see the BBFC letting it through unscathed, even as an 18. It would certainly be pushing the limits.

It's going to be interesting and I would be totally gutted if they had to cut Gantz. But honestly, I doubt they will have to change anything, while the violence certainly is extreme (from the uncut DVD footage I've seen, it looks amazing), BBFC seem a lot more relaxed these days. Some of the stuff I've seen in Ichi the Killer and Audition is far worse and lets not forget the controversial subjects touched on by Battle Royale made it through unscathed too.

BakuTen (Burst Angel) looks like another generic Gonzo girls-with-guns anime, but ignore the complainers, Gantz is a great series and I can't wait for it to come out.

Just watched the Gantz ( and Elfen Lied ) trailers that came on my Madlax region 1 first disc.
The Gantz trailer really has raised my interest in the series a lot really, a very stylish trailer over all , and there wasnt a cheesy voiceover :p.

Back